Returning Home

7th Armored Legion In Character Discussion, Storyline, and other Public Posting and Discussion
Drakno
affiliations: 7th Armored Cavalry

Returning Home

Postby Drakno » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:05 am

Free Worlds League
Terra (Earth)
Western Montana
Jan 23rd, 3100

Jerome walked outside onto the front porch of his family home. It was a bitter cold this time of year, not even above freezing at mid
day. One reason why they call it the Bitterroot valley. The winters are always bitter cold and deep in snow. Jerome looked around at all
the white powder and green Everfrost pine trees with their dark green needles. The green tea in his hands was warm and steaming through
the small sip hole on the top. Taking a sip, Jerome remembered the days when he was a kid having snow fights with his brother and
sisters in such deep snow. Even mechs would get slowed down because it was so deep and wet. Now that was all a memory and time has
taken a toll on all of them, his sisters both had been married and had kids and lived close by while his older brothers had went of to war
to help hold Terra from invasion. It was a shame that neither one lived to see Terra so free and quiet now. Now Jerome looked down at the
cup and took a moment to remember them. It was five years to the date that they both had died fighting to protect the area and for what
other than to save a few lives cause a merc group want to trash everything. Jerome was off at New Home helping protect the Comstar
installation that was there with the main force the Seventh Armored. Jerome wished he could have done something about what had happen
here in the valley that day but things had gone out of control back then. Now all he could do was remember them and track down the merc
group who was behind all of it then and get a little bit of payback. In five years only three of the mercs have been found and dealt with, the
rest just seemed to have vanished now. Nothing but cold leads and empty dead ends.

"Jerome." called out his mother. "Time for lunch."

"Ok,I'll be in there in a minute." Jerome replied as he looked up and around the front yard before turning around and heading back into the
house where his family had gathered for lunch. It's good to be with family sometimes like this as it makes the memories a little bit easier.
Name: Jerome Nostrum
Callsign: "Mr Chaos"
Position: Unit Commanding Officer
Unit: 7th Armored Legion

Drakno

Re: Returning Home

Postby Drakno » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:47 pm

Free Worlds League
Terra (Earth)
Western Montana
Jan 23rd, 3100

(Later that night)

After dinner, Jerome went back out onto the porch and sat on the edge of the railing where he could see the Aurora class dropship was
sitting. The crew of the ship had gone into town for a night out and get some real rest. Nothing like a soft mattress after being in bunk
beds for the last eighteen months in a dropship. Jerome turned as he heard the foot steps of his dad coming out the door.

"What is up kid?" William asked.

"Not much really." Jerome replied. "Just tired and and wearing out."

William walked over to side rail and looked over at the dropship. "That ship has been through a lot of drops. How is it holding up?"

"Not bad. We had to have the structure rebuilt a few months ago after a aerospace fighter smashed into the top side. Guess it was a
good thing cause the supports had worn out and needed a major over haul. Didn't tell Comstar that when they came and reviewed our
damage report on it. So they fixed it for us as part of our hazard pay contract."

William shook his head. "Well at least you are getting to know all the tricks of being a merc. Didn't want to bring anything up at dinner
but how is the unit doing?"

"Slowly getting back on it's feet. Dana has been a big help with getting all the office work done and keeps a good record of our money.
The troops are another story, most of the mech pilots are greener than algae and the tankers are too old to move. They should be in
a museum with the tanks if you ask me. It's a lot to go through and didn't like to take a contract so far away but it was much needed
money and a lot of the gear needs repair or upgraded."

"Well son most of that gear is over a hundred years old and like all of us, we get old."

"Tell me about it. Riding in a mech now is worse than an old horse wagon, but it was nice to get back into one after all these years."

"How is the head doing then?"

"Great in fact. I was in mech for ninety six hours so far and nothing. Of course I wasn't any any combat so I won't know if there is
still any nerve damage until then."

"Well don't push it to hard, you have time just like the troops. It will all get there and when you need it most."

"I know, and I'm not in a hurry believe me. It's taking a lot to get back into a mech."

"Still thinking about your brothers I see."

"Ya, it's hard not to but it seems like every year they seem to just keep fading away and if I didn't have pictures of them, I forget
what they looked like. How is mom doing with it all?"

"She's one tough brood but she misses the hell out of them. She has her moments still but it was known that something like that
could happen. War is a very bad thing and these days you enjoy what you have know cause tomorrow it can all be gone."

"Yep........Which brings me to something I want to talk to you about. Comstar sent me this comm data chip with a message on it.
I need to know what you think of it."

"Hmmmm, sounds like old times to me. Let's go out to the barn and have a look at it."

(To be continued)

Drakno

Re: Returning Home

Postby Drakno » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:59 am

Northwind
Independent System
July 20th, 3100

"So here we are still Colonel with no new assignments or a way off this rock." Jacob said with edgy tone.

"Nope not yet, but we where told it would take some time to get us a cover and set us up with a few missions." replied Jerome. "Anyway,
it's been given the troops time to get back up to speed and rebuild team confidence. Northwind has been very helpful on getting us back
up to speed and bring us up to date with intelligence. The old man was shocked about how things have changed out there. The enemies
are all over the place and everyone is out for themselves these days. The more we know and get to study, the better our success will be
out there. Plus the chance on making some real money is even greater if we play our cards right."

"So Colonel, we going to become Comstar lackeys or we got bigger plans." Asked Jacob.

"Comstar was looking for the old man to return, that is true but the have fallen to much to be any good for us. No, Interstellar Exploration
services has been the golden ticket so far. That's why we are here and when they have something I'm sure Robin will tell us."

"Well I hope it's soon cause I'm getting bored with this place. Nothing personal but I would like to start seeing the sites, food and women
if you know what I mean sir."

Jerome laughs. "At least you have something to forward to Jacob. Most are just here to collect that check."

Hearing heavy footsteps coming up behind, Jerome turns around to to Ensign Davis running up to him."

Stopping and saluting. "Sir, your requested to the command center by Northwind asap. Something big just happen."

"Well Jacob, looks like to got your request. Head back to HQ and sound general quarters. Get the men ready for me to update them."

Jacob smiled. "Yes sir."

Jerome and Davis headed back to command center. This could be the break they where looking for.

Return to “7th Armored Legion IC”