Shopping for Assault Dropships

Have something for sale or trade? Post For Sale / Trade / Wanted to Buy(s) here.
Storywriter J. Allen

Shopping for Assault Dropships

Postby Storywriter J. Allen » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:51 pm

I'm reforming the Great White Fleet as a space navy-focused unit. With that in mind I'm in the market for assault dropships.

I expect my total operating budget to be around 240 million C-Bills.

My goal is to (eventually) build a squadron of light assault dropships, starting with one or two hulls and adding from there.

Kinds of dropships I'm very interested in:

1. Lung Wang P2 (I know I really want my first ship to be this. Unless something I didn't think I could afford pops up that might usurp it)
2. Avenger
3. Gaaijian System Patrol Boat
4. Hannibal (technically a troop transport but light assault dropship level firepower/speed)
4. Merlin
5. Kuan Ti

I'm sure there are others but that's the list right now, in descending order of interest. I'm not interested in dedicated fighter carriers like the Leopard CV or Vengeance. I'm angling more toward a unit specializing in ship-to-ship combat with some ASF/small craft and marine complement to round things out. Rather than an ASF-heavy force. More like the canon Medusans, less like Hell's Black Aces.

So if you have any assault dropships you might be interested in selling, whether on that list or not, contact me.

I am going to give this about a week. After that, if I haven't heard from anybody I'm going to take my money to the MHB and buy what I need.
Staff Position
Storyline Writer Jon Allen

MUCO Character
Captain Niobe Bey
Commanding Officer
The Great White Fleet MU

Cyanide

Re: Shopping for Assault Dropships

Postby Cyanide » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:44 am

What about the Aesir! (Mine, not the canon one :P )
https://www.battletech-mercenaries.com/mhb/aesir.php

It's only marginally more expensive than the others... (I never did understand canon DS pricing)

Storywriter J. Allen

Postby Storywriter J. Allen » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:45 am

Oh yeah... to be completely honest I had forgotten about it.

I could see myself adding that to such a force eventually. But probably not as my first ship.

Not because anything is wrong with it. I just really like the Lung Wang P2. I always liked the traits of a Spheroid dropship (more efficient and cheaper engine design, deck layout so "up" is toward the bow, and gravity is always going in the direction of down beneath the crew's feet, best simulating artificial gravity, weapons facings which make old fashioned broadsides at least theoretically possible and adding a few additional tactics to what's feasible, so it isn't just fighting like an oversized ASF like most aerodynes). But I don't like as much the Spheroid look (bowling ball) of many Spheroid dropships. The egg-shaped owns are a little better.

But the Lung Wang doesn't look like either. It looks like a baby warship to me. With lines that remind me of a Thera, or Congress or Liberator or Vigilant.

It helps that I'm a big fan of The Expanse series and the Lung Wang kinda resembles the Tachi-class Rocinante to me. In general shape. In battlefield functions and role. In deck layout. Which is useful for generating a mental picture of the ship that's going to be the home of most of my unit's characters for the foreseeable future and a mental conception of how the ship's interior might be laid out.

But yeah, thanks for reminding me about your Aesir. I can definitely see the value there in a light assault dropship squadron of 4-6-8 ships, which is the long term goal.
Staff Position
Storyline Writer Jon Allen

MUCO Character
Captain Niobe Bey
Commanding Officer
The Great White Fleet MU

DeputyDirector

Postby DeputyDirector » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:08 am

That's a good looking design, Cyanide. :)
Raymond Freeman MacCreary
Deputy Director
Mercenary Review and Bonding Commission (MRBC)

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant.”
Croaker, The Black Company

Return to “Trade Forum”