emerald falcons trinary
King Fisher-H

Captain Justin Robinson
Robinsions Royal knights
Atlas II dh2

Re: Covid 19

Postby ArticFreeze » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:55 pm

welcome back drakno
May the sun always shine bright may the warmth of god always embrace you keeping you strong and joyful.

Mcraven
affiliations: Lance McRaven BTP
Major Robert McClendon Shadow Lancers

Postby Mcraven » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:29 am

Anyone have any updates for this website? Very interested in continuing my unit's story.
Lance McRaven
Lieutenant General
Commanding Officer
BLACK TALON PHOENIX MERCENARY COMMAND
Provisional Deputy Director

DNA
Site Admin

Postby DNA » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:00 am

Yeah, interested in knowing if I submit a new PC and MUCO on BTM if someone would approve so I can start posting.
Captain Akihiko Tanaka
Callsign: Scorpion
MUCO, Last Resort Mercenary Unit

Sergeant Alefosio "Al" Aitu
Callsign: Shayu
Member, Aurigan Irregulars Mercenary Unit

"You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" - Vizzini, The Princess Bride

ArticFreeze
affiliations: Major Tanner is McFadden
Veens irregulers
Bravo Ad hoc battalion
Huntsmen
nova commander Antonius hall(deceased)
Growling bears
Stormcorow

star captain Stryker Roshak
disposed MechWarrior

star captain revenant Malthus
emerald falcons trinary
King Fisher-H

Captain Justin Robinson
Robinsions Royal knights
Atlas II dh2

Postby ArticFreeze » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:32 pm

ight now only the director can because the deputy director is away and and he is the mhb as well so the director is only one that is aviable yeah things are kind of in limbo right now
May the sun always shine bright may the warmth of god always embrace you keeping you strong and joyful.

DNA
Site Admin

Postby DNA » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:15 pm

The Director is Timothy Reid and the Deputy Director is Remington von Wolffe, correct? I was wondering if we could set-up an alternate method of keeping things going. From my viewpoint, we just need to keep track of c-bills and word count at the very basic level. Character and unit creation can be uploaded later officially into the BTM site, but we can create a thread here to keep track of things of that nature. We all have access to the broker site, so I can handle that for the number of people who are still here. Contract creation can be generated by the MUCOs themselves, with everyone reviewing them so that they're still challenging and keeping in nature with other contracts. Just spitballing ideas here, sorry if it seems like a stream of consciousness thing.
Captain Akihiko Tanaka

"You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" - Vizzini, The Princess Bride

Mcraven

Postby Mcraven » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:45 pm

I do like the idea of re-establishing a temporary "business as usual" thread. Do we want to run it on the general topic? Just wondering...thinking out loud, as it were. If not, I wonder if I can add anyone who wants to do this to my groups? We could then post within my unit's topic thread? This would allow several different story arcs,(contracts) as it were. Again, just thinking as to the best interests of controlling any submissions from outside editing.
Lance McRaven
Lieutenant General
Commanding Officer

DNA
Site Admin

Postby DNA » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:18 pm

I would suggest making a couple of threads under the "BTM and Current Events" sections since we can at our current permissions create new threads; The new threads could have the following "Temporary:" headings:
- PCs and MUCOs
- Contracts
- "Unit" IC
- "Unit" OOC
- "Unit" Transcripts
- "Unit" Hardware

We'll have to devise a way of reviewing and approving PCs, MUCOs, and Contracts to ensure everything is still in line with the guidelines in BTM and MERC-Net. Once some of the leadership return, they can move the information in these threads to the appropriate areas in BTM and MERC-Net. I suggest we first find out who's still live, right now it's myself, McRaven, ArcticFreeze, Drakno, and JSACTL. Between the 5 of us, I think we can reliably create, review, and approve new PCs, MUCOs, and contracts due to our collective experience and knowledge of the site and Battletech.

Maybe the 5 of us can act as a Temporary Council until leadership returns, and I stated before that I wouldn't mind taking up the mantle for MHB for now, and possibly extend that activity. Additionally, since some of us will be creating new single-player MUCOs, we can create contracts that fit our TO&E a little more closely.

I welcome any thoughts on this because it'll truly be an collaborative effort.
Captain Akihiko Tanaka

Mcraven

Postby Mcraven » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:45 pm

I am in, and would be willing to help guide anyone in need. I will review the guidelines for new members, and new units, as well as the contract requirements, to help get us up and running.
Lance McRaven
Lieutenant General
Commanding Officer

DNA
Site Admin

Postby DNA » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:45 pm

Awesome McRaven, thanks for stepping up, I truly appreciate it. I can start a Google Sheet or something similar to track new hardware requests and approvals; I'll review the guidelines for that on the BTM site.

Since I've been away for a while, I'm not up to speed on what events have transpired in the BTM timeline, so I'll need to read up on what's available, but lean on the rest of you to fill the gaps. As for MHB for newer units, it'll be easier since that's a clean slate, but for more-established units, I may need help in ensuring the books are in order.

I think a couple of more threads that would help streamline this process would be threads dedicated to review and approvals instead of mixing all those up in unit-centric threads.
Captain Akihiko Tanaka

Mcraven

Postby Mcraven » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:12 pm

Here is a copy of the Blank Transaction being used by the current MHB. I hope you can open it up. If not, I can e-mail it to you. C:\Users\ssgtm\Downloads\Blank Transaction Spreadsheet.xlsx
Attachments
Blank Transaction Spreadsheet.xlsx
(48.55 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
Lance McRaven
Lieutenant General
Commanding Officer

Return to “BTM And Current Events”