Covid 19

General 'Out Of Character' news & events within Battletech-Mercenaries
Drakno
affiliations: 7th Armored Cavalry

Re: Covid 19

Postby Drakno » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:29 pm

Hello gang, Ok as a former staff member I can tell you that starting missions is not an issue as long as we hold to the guild lines and it's
a community thing. The director I don't see back for some time cause of RL issues so we will have to work together on a few things. I'll run
down a few things so everyone knows what we can due later tonight. If the MBH is down there is a work around for that gang and I'll be glad
help you on it. The only thing is I don't have staff access anymore so I can't update personal units atm. The only thing I have a concern about
is the site itself and hope that it's paid up for awhile. I'll talk to you all later tonight.

Thanks for hanging in there all.
Name: Jerome Nostrum
Callsign: "Mr Chaos"
Position: Unit Commanding Officer
Unit: 7th Armored Legion

Vampire
affiliations: Dirty Half Dozens

Postby Vampire » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:43 am

My recommendation is that if any of you guys have permission to start new threads in your own unit sub-forums, I'd recommend kick starting your own IC and OOC threads for those missions you wanna have a go at. Note that start date and contract requirements. When any of the staff response later on, you can continue from there.

Do drop a note somewhere, maybe in in the Lounge and Bar about which contracts you are working on so that there won't be any clashes.

Alternatively, if you currently do not belong to any units, or is unable to create a new thread in your unit sub-forums, you can write off the forums. Same deal as above in telling everyone which one you're doing. Unless I'm wrong, you should be able to post, or even create a new thread in the Lounge & Bar forums - especially if you're writing as a spanking brand new single player unit. You can do your writing there, though how you want to organize your writing is dependent on yourself.

Similar to the Director, I'm a big fan of Excel spreadsheets. You can track workcounts, MHB equipment, funds, etc with them. So, for those of you guys thinking of starting new units, get a spreadsheet ready, drop in 50m c-bills (if that's still the starting kit of course), refer to the MHB broker listing and note down your purchases.

The most important thing is to enjoy yourselves on these forums folks. Have fun!
Captain HUO Qubing
CO Dirty Half Dozens Mercenary Command

Morgan CHAN
Military Hardware Brokerage Office
(part-time Black Market dealer)

Lt Gen ZHAO Zi Long
Black Stars Mercenary Collective
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank

Baron of Erdvynn, Alarion Province, Lyran Alliance
Earl of Galisteo, Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey, Free Worlds League

Creator of Kingdom of Nibo

Drakno
affiliations: 7th Armored Cavalry

Postby Drakno » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:54 pm

Glad to see you around Vampire. Someone must have feed him. Great ideas and let's keep the show going. Vampire can you unlock units in the forums
by the way?

Thanks
Name: Jerome Nostrum
Callsign: "Mr Chaos"
Position: Unit Commanding Officer
Unit: 7th Armored Legion

DNA
Site Admin

Postby DNA » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:59 pm

Awesome suggestions Vampire. I am creating an Google account so that I can create Google Sheets for everything: PCs, MUCOs, transcript records, MHB, etc.
Captain Akihiko Tanaka
Callsign: Scorpion
MUCO, Last Resort Mercenary Unit

Sergeant Alefosio "Al" Aitu
Callsign: Shayu
Member, Aurigan Irregulars Mercenary Unit

"You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" - Vizzini, The Princess Bride

DNA
Site Admin

Postby DNA » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:26 pm

I have just created the following Google account to help keep the site ongoing: mercnet.battletech@gmail.com. I'll be translating submission sheets from the BTM site into Google sheets so I can send out those who want to submit new characters and/or units. I'll also be taking a stab at creating sheets for contract submissions and MHB transactions. I'll make an announcement in BTM Current Events when I have sheets ready, but you can send me emails for now.
Captain Akihiko Tanaka

"You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" - Vizzini, The Princess Bride

DNA
Site Admin

Postby DNA » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:22 pm

Can anyone share a screenshot or details on what is needed to create a unit? I don't have access to that on BTM.
Captain Akihiko Tanaka

Mcraven
affiliations: Lance McRaven BTP
Major Robert McClendon Shadow Lancers

Postby Mcraven » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:12 pm

"If you start a new unit within Battletech-Mercenaries by registering with the MRBC, you are given a 100 million C-Bill grant to begin your career and are given a free MRBC Edition Union (Upgrade) Class Dropship. We make the assumption that you will be able to outfit a Company sized unit and will likely assign you the rank of Captain. Later as you complete contracts, gain C-Bills and buy more Military Hardware you have the opportunity to expand your unit all the way to Brigade size!" *

* pulled this from the unit expansion tab
Lance McRaven
Lieutenant General
Commanding Officer
BLACK TALON PHOENIX MERCENARY COMMAND
Provisional Deputy Director

DNA
Site Admin

Postby DNA » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:18 pm

Thanks McRaven, but I was thinking more along the lines of what we would need to input in BTM to create a unit, i.e. Name of MUCO, Name of Unit, Unit history, etc., sort of along the lines of creating a PC.
Captain Akihiko Tanaka

Mcraven
affiliations: Lance McRaven BTP
Major Robert McClendon Shadow Lancers

Postby Mcraven » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:26 pm

"ASSIGNED MERCENARY UNIT:

Transfer to:

Confirm:

Character Name:

Character Callsign:

Character Gender:

Character Age:

Character Hair Colour:

Character Eye Colour:

Character Height(in cm):

Character Weight (in kg):

Character Date of Birth:

Character Languages:

Character Interests:

Character Place of Birth:

Planet (Optional):
Character Race/Culture:

Weight Class:

Military Hardware Type:

Fighting Style:

Character History
Please make this as detailed as possible, this is important as it does help to determine your rank and position and also gives other players an insight into your character.

Personality Profile:
Please make this as detailed as possible, this is important as it does help to determine your rank and position and also gives other players an insight into your character."

Maybe this is more like it?
Lance McRaven
Lieutenant General
Commanding Officer
BLACK TALON PHOENIX MERCENARY COMMAND
Provisional Deputy Director

Vampire
affiliations: Dirty Half Dozens

Postby Vampire » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:02 am

Drakno wrote:Glad to see you around Vampire. Someone must have feed him. Great ideas and let's keep the show going. Vampire can you unlock units in the forums
by the way?

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome. This WFH has ironically given me a little time to spend back here on the BTM forums. I don't know if I still have any of my administrative rights, and given that I seldom practised any of them except for updating stuff as assistant to the MHB broker previously, I don't think I want to try something that might break the forums. Still, let me know what you want me to do and I'll try.
Captain HUO Qubing
CO Dirty Half Dozens Mercenary Command

Morgan CHAN
Military Hardware Brokerage Office
(part-time Black Market dealer)

Lt Gen ZHAO Zi Long
Black Stars Mercenary Collective
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank

Baron of Erdvynn, Alarion Province, Lyran Alliance
Earl of Galisteo, Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey, Free Worlds League

Creator of Kingdom of Nibo