Temporary: Site Operations

General 'Out Of Character' news & events within Battletech-Mercenaries
Vampire
affiliations: Dirty Half Dozens

Re: Temporary: Site Operations

Postby Vampire » Sun May 31, 2020 3:09 am

My suggestion is to adopt a multi-prong method, with the view to keep things moving in the long run as a back-up in case BTM forums and/or website stops functioning for one reason or another.

1) To create an IC and OOC thread in the Classic BattleTech Forums. This can be in the Roleplaying section. These serve not only to help us plan and write our contracts like what we're doing here on BTM, but also as a way to hopefully attract new members/writers to join us.

2) Periodically, we can also update the IC progress of our adventures in the Non-Canon Units or Fan Fiction threads. Again, these can serve as what the BTM website does - as a way to chronicle the IC activities and events, as well as a way to bring awareness and serve as a promo for us.

3) I'll be backing up the Broker pages on units available, sort of a continuation of what I was doing before I left the boards. Along the way, I'll correct the names of units and variants, revise their BV up to BV2, as well as their C-bill cost if need be (except for Space stations, DS, JS and WS since the previous Broker did some sort of blanket adjustments to make them more affordable). With the BTM universe moving into the 3100s, I will also be adding units what are available before this time. I believe there were quite a number of units available in the 3090s that were not included in the MHB list. Of course, unique, prototype and otherwise IC-ly unavailable units will remain unavailable.

4) I believe DNA has already gotten the templates for contract, unit and character creation? I suggest DNA to continue keeping the records, probably sharing through a platform if needed? Google document or something? I'm not sure what you guys use, do let me know so that I can upload the MHB listing to it once I have them done up.

5) For now, at least for the New Mars contract, I believe we'll be operating on sort of a joint-contract basis. If nobody has already done it, I'll track the word counts for it.

6) In relation to (5), and other future contracts we undertake together as a group, I'd like to find out what each of you, as MUCO and MUXO, take in as part of official word count. Do we all include the chunk of signature, do we all start (or end) each post indicating the numbering of said post and include said numbering as part of our WC, etc. Do let me know.

I'm open to any other ideas and suggestions, though of course, the best thing is that BTM continues on forever and ever, and ever, and ever...
Captain HUO Qubing
CO Dirty Half Dozens Mercenary Command

Morgan CHAN
Military Hardware Brokerage Office
(part-time Black Market dealer)

Lt Gen ZHAO Zi Long
Black Stars Mercenary Collective
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank

Baron of Erdvynn, Alarion Province, Lyran Alliance
Earl of Galisteo, Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey, Free Worlds League

Creator of Kingdom of Nibo

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:25 am

Noted (probably) a bot that registered and posted 2 ads in 2 separate sub-forums. I know I have the authorization to ban the account, but will it work if I just ban the hand and the email, plus deleting the 2 posts?
Captain HUO Qubing

Morgan CHAN

Lt Gen ZHAO Zi Long
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank

DNA
Site Admin

Postby DNA » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:33 pm

Hi Vampire, I'm not sure. You can try and see what happens.
Captain Akihiko Tanaka
Callsign: Scorpion
MUCO, Last Resort Mercenary Unit

Sergeant Alefosio "Al" Aitu
Callsign: Shayu
Member, Aurigan Irregulars Mercenary Unit

"You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" - Vizzini, The Princess Bride

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:20 pm

DNA wrote:Hi Vampire, I'm not sure. You can try and see what happens.

I've banned that handle and deleted both the posts.
Captain HUO Qubing

Morgan CHAN

Lt Gen ZHAO Zi Long
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank