Temporary: Site Operations

General 'Out Of Character' news & events within Battletech-Mercenaries
DNA
Site Admin

Temporary: Site Operations

Postby DNA » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:35 pm

Greetings everyone,

While the leadership is on indefinite hiatus, a few of us players have decided to get things moving again for MERC-Net. While we may not have access to BTM for approving the creation of player characters, new units, and contracts, we feel those activities can be captured here and transferred back to BTM when the leadership returns.

I have created an account on Google and will send spreadsheets to players who want to create new Player Characters, Units, and Contracts; I will create new threads on MERC-Net for the submission, review, and approval new items, and create new Unit threads to allow players to start posting. When the leadership returns, I want to keep clean records so that the information can be transferred back to BTM where it rightfully belongs.

I'll be calling on current active players to help me in reviewing and approving new submissions, and I think that the collective experience between us will make that activity run smoothly.

If you have any questions, please drop a post here in this thread, send me a PM, or email me: mercnet.battletech@gmail.com. I'll try to respond to you promptly, direct you to a link on MERC-Net for the information, or call upon other players to help me provide information. Thank you all for your patience.

Best regards,
DNA
Captain Akihiko Tanaka
Callsign: Scorpion
MUCO, Last Resort Mercenary Unit

Sergeant Alefosio "Al" Aitu
Callsign: Shayu
Member, Aurigan Irregulars Mercenary Unit

"You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" - Vizzini, The Princess Bride

Vampire
affiliations: Dirty Half Dozens

Re: Temporary: Site Operations

Postby Vampire » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:14 pm

Can I just check which unit bidded for the New Mars Contract?
Captain HUO Qubing
CO Dirty Half Dozens Mercenary Command

Morgan CHAN
Military Hardware Brokerage Office
(part-time Black Market dealer)

Lt Gen ZHAO Zi Long
Black Stars Mercenary Collective
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank

Baron of Erdvynn, Alarion Province, Lyran Alliance
Earl of Galisteo, Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey, Free Worlds League

Creator of Kingdom of Nibo

DNA
Site Admin

Postby DNA » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:21 pm

Hi Vampire,

When I checked the Contracts section of BTM, the only contract existing is https://www.battletech-mercenaries.com/contracts/index.php?status=Open; no contract for New Mars exists. I also checked each unit in BTM, and none have been assigned to the New Mars contract, so if you want it, you can have it. Which unit will be taking on this contract?

Regards,
DNA
Captain Akihiko Tanaka

"You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" - Vizzini, The Princess Bride

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:26 am

DNA wrote:Hi Vampire,

When I checked the Contracts section of BTM, the only contract existing is https://www.battletech-mercenaries.com/contracts/index.php?status=Open; no contract for New Mars exists. I also checked each unit in BTM, and none have been assigned to the New Mars contract, so if you want it, you can have it. Which unit will be taking on this contract?

Regards,
DNA

Yeah, it was a contract I was eying since quite a while ago before the current messy situation. Its now listed under the "Under Bid" status, which is why I asked. I haven't decided if I should actually bid for it, nor should it be under the Black Stars or one of my sub-units.

Let me broil a little on it and get back to you.
Captain HUO Qubing

Morgan CHAN

Lt Gen ZHAO Zi Long
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank

Mcraven
affiliations: Lance McRaven BTP
Major Robert McClendon Shadow Lancers

Postby Mcraven » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:09 pm

I submitted a bid on it, trying to push one of my units into another contract, right away. It just seemed like it would provide a lot of character development, giving me a chance to flesh out that unit. I can always let you have it, if you have an idea how you would prosecute it.
Lance McRaven
Lieutenant General
Commanding Officer
BLACK TALON PHOENIX MERCENARY COMMAND
Provisional Deputy Director

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:12 am

Mcraven wrote:I submitted a bid on it, trying to push one of my units into another contract, right away. It just seemed like it would provide a lot of character development, giving me a chance to flesh out that unit. I can always let you have it, if you have an idea how you would prosecute it.

The reason I was preparing for it was because it was supposed to be an extension of previous efforts by the LA to expand their Periphery influence by establishing a new Erdvynn Province centered around the Black Stars landhold former Rims World provincial capital world of... erm... Erdvynn. This region was supposed to provide a secure backdoor commerce and trading between the LA and FWL since the Stars were of good standing with both Houses (we have enough rep to have landholds in both realms), and we have swept that particular region clean of pirates and bandits.

However, it was about that time that the faction ambassadors started disappearing, the forums started losing a lot of its active members, and members of the Stars were simultaneously hit by the deadly forces of REAL LIFE.

If you already have plans for it, than please do go ahead. As I've mentioned previously, I'm not certain of how much time and attention I'll be able to devote to the forums, so it won't be fair for me to call dibs on it.
Captain HUO Qubing

Morgan CHAN

Lt Gen ZHAO Zi Long
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank

Mcraven
affiliations: Lance McRaven BTP
Major Robert McClendon Shadow Lancers

Postby Mcraven » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:10 pm

Like I stated, I am just looking at fleshing out a company, and having a little fun with the warlords. I will push out there, and see where I wind up. You can always jump out there with a supplemental, if that appeals to you?
Lance McRaven
Lieutenant General
Commanding Officer
BLACK TALON PHOENIX MERCENARY COMMAND
Provisional Deputy Director

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:06 am

Either way works for me, though I'm inclined now to just picking up anything to flash out a new unit... for unknown reasons, I'm suddenly overcome with a bug to come up with ideas for a brand new command that might or might not be integrated into the Black Stars.
Ideas include:
1) Combat engineering and salvage mercs;
OR
2) A unit that specializes in urban/close quarters combat.
OR
3) A combination of the above 2! :lol:

Like I said earlier, just go ahead and have fun.
Captain HUO Qubing

Morgan CHAN

Lt Gen ZHAO Zi Long
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank

DNA
Site Admin

Postby DNA » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:08 pm

That sounds like an intriguing unit to flesh out. I'm suddenly re-evaluating my unit creation. Darn it.
Captain Akihiko Tanaka

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:53 am

DNA wrote:That sounds like an intriguing unit to flesh out. I'm suddenly re-evaluating my unit creation. Darn it.

I was thinking of something since I came back to these forums... rather than each of us writing separate contracts, why not we create a contract that all of us can participate in? It doesn't even have to be from a contract any one of us have bidded on, or a contract that's currently listed (not that we have a lot of choices in that matter anyway...).

We can either activate our own unit (or ONE of your own if you have multiple) or create a new one (something which I'm looking at now).

Than, we create an IC and OOC thread, where we can discuss what to do, and write up said contract.

Just throwing this out to your folks out there to see if anyone might be interested. Furthermore, I can put up how the Black Stars used to distribute payment/salvage, etc, which might suit such an undertaking whereby each of us writes for the collective good. (DNA might still remember since he was once a member as well). Or it might simply be each of us gets paid simply for what we write.
Captain HUO Qubing

Morgan CHAN

Lt Gen ZHAO Zi Long
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank