director
Site Admin
affiliations: Timothy Joshua Reid, Director MRBC
Lt. Gen. Timothy Maddox MUCO of Hellstorm Hussars, Count of Filtvelt
Colonel Alyssa Maddox MUXO of Hellstorm Hussars
Ellison 'Ely' Reed Storms Armored Cavalry

I need help

Postby director » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:52 pm

Yeah, I've been gone for a while. I'm hurting in side right now, and I have come to a place where I feel like I need to pass the torch here.

One day, when I'm healed I may be able to return and get back to our plans as a site, but I've come to a realization tonight, that my hurting is hurting all of you. I'm so sorry. I've let everyone down., but I am left in a point where I know I don't have the ability inside to do much of anything besides try to heal and take care of my family. This is unfortunately where I'm at, I've loved being a part of things here, but I think it is time for me to pass the reigns onto someone.

So anyone, staff, or whoever is around, start a thread, and talk it over, I'd like to figure out who to pass these reigns to, so you can get started after new Years.

It is just time.
Timothy Joshua Reid
Director
Outreach
MRBC
Mercenary Review and Bonding Commission.

Drakno
affiliations: 7th Armored Cavalry

Re: I need help

Postby Drakno » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:13 am

Glad to hear you are still around. I'll be glad to help out anyway I can. I'm in the off season from work so I have plenty of time on my hands.
Name: Jerome Nostrum
Callsign: "Mr Chaos"
Position: Unit Commanding Officer
Unit: 7th Armored Legion

Vampire
affiliations: Dirty Half Dozens

Postby Vampire » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:45 am

Hi Tim. Sorry to hear about your loss via FB, and I cannot imagine the pain you've gone through throughout these trying times. I've always considered you my teacher who brought me, and no doubt many others, into our beloved forums.

I'm still around, but if Tim remembers, I'd be the last person you'd want to hold any sort of major responsibility. Want someone to help in participating in a contract or story development? I'm your guy. Someone to help maintain the forum and website? You'd probably have more satisfaction shooting me than having my help. :lol:

I'd love to have the forums continue since this was, and still is the place for me to go to, write up some stuff and blow off steam while sharing ideas and such with fellow forum members.

From what I've seen in these few months (or has it been a year?), Mcraven gets my vote to take over the main man role from Tim. If there's anyone else around who is able to help in any way, I'm all for it.
Captain HUO Qubing
CO Dirty Half Dozens Mercenary Command

Morgan CHAN
Military Hardware Brokerage Office
(part-time Black Market dealer)

Lt Gen ZHAO Zi Long
Black Stars Mercenary Collective
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank

Baron of Erdvynn, Alarion Province, Lyran Alliance
Earl of Galisteo, Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey, Free Worlds League

Creator of Kingdom of Nibo

therealevan

Postby therealevan » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:10 pm

The battletech community needs merc-net, is there someone who is in this community that can handle site administration / forum ownership?

Mcraven
affiliations: Lance McRaven BTP
Major Robert McClendon Shadow Lancers

Postby Mcraven » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:02 pm

I am also feeling Tim's grief. I started in this community with the mentorship of Major Maddox, as well as a host of others. Vampire was my inspiration to develop different units within my unit, to try and expand my ability to react to a myriad of contracts. Add to that Tara Watson, Sgtmjrcain, Warclaw, Reiko, Cool Hand, and so many others. This community had a strong hand in the friendships I have developed, and also helped me through my own losses. I stand ready to assist in any way possible, to help this community prosper and grow once again. As far as taking on the torch, no matter who it passes to, it needs to be a stewardship, where Tim can return, when he is ready, and rejoin us. No one has done more for this community, and Tim's leadership was, and is, solid. Tim built on the foundation established by Generals Dalton Cameron, and Kristin Dagley, and then moved us on, further into the Inner Sphere, and our own canon reality.
Lance McRaven
Lieutenant General
Commanding Officer
BLACK TALON PHOENIX MERCENARY COMMAND
Provisional Deputy Director

Return to “BTM And Current Events”