Starting Things Up

General 'Out Of Character' news & events within Battletech-Mercenaries
Vampire
affiliations: Dirty Half Dozens

Re: Starting Things Up

Postby Vampire » Mon May 10, 2021 5:06 am

Do check out the Google Doc that MrPig and myself is working on. Let's see how the 2 groups can finally link up.
Captain HUO Qubing
CO Dirty Half Dozens Mercenary Command

Morgan CHAN
Military Hardware Brokerage Office
(part-time Black Market dealer)

Lt Gen ZHAO Zi Long
Black Stars Mercenary Collective
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank

Baron of Erdvynn, Alarion Province, Lyran Alliance
Earl of Galisteo, Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey, Free Worlds League

Creator of Kingdom of Nibo

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Thu May 13, 2021 7:51 am

The joint post has been put up.
Captain HUO Qubing

Morgan CHAN

Lt Gen ZHAO Zi Long
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank

MrPig
affiliations: Penelope "Dime" Trumbull

Postby MrPig » Thu May 13, 2021 8:04 am

Sorry for not announcing it...

Auton74
affiliations: Sergeant Ancus “Optio” Marcius
Mechwarrior First Class, Eden’s Guard Security & Logistics Corporation
Mechwarrior, Cain Lance
Griffin IIC

Postby Auton74 » Fri May 14, 2021 5:21 pm

Hey guys I just found this site. I have been playing MegaMek for years and writing stories around my characters. With the release of Harebrained Battletech and RogueTech I have been making stories for my characters in that game too. So I just joined and was not sure where I should go since this looks like it is restarting again. Let me know what I need to do and I would love to write with you guys.

Thanks

MrPig

Postby MrPig » Fri May 14, 2021 10:15 pm

Auton74 wrote:Hey guys I just found this site. I have been playing MegaMek for years and writing stories around my characters. With the release of Harebrained Battletech and RogueTech I have been making stories for my characters in that game too. So I just joined and was not sure where I should go since this looks like it is restarting again. Let me know what I need to do and I would love to write with you guys.

Thanks

Yeah we're trying to get things at least a little back to normal. If you haven't already, check out the Talitha thread in General Fiction, and see if there's something that strikes your fancy.

Auton74
affiliations: Sergeant Ancus “Optio” Marcius
Mechwarrior First Class, Eden’s Guard Security & Logistics Corporation
Mechwarrior, Cain Lance
Griffin IIC

Postby Auton74 » Sat May 15, 2021 1:26 am

Thanks Mr. Pig. Yea I really like how you have the story so far. I could see myself jumping in as a Merc working with the FedSuns or with another unit. I have 2 ideas for a character... Here is one that might work

Name: Junos Darkthorn
Callsign: Heimdal
Role: Lance Commander
Home Planet: Robinson
Nationality: Federated Suns
Bio:
Leftenant for the Federated Suns Defense Force. Led a Recon/Quick Response Lance of mixed Medium and Light mechs for the Federated Suns. Junos fought in the Draconis March and against the Clans defending the Inner Sphere. Junos and his Scout Hunter Lance was able to destroy 30 different Draconis Combine and Clan recon and medium units though his campaigns. Through most of the fights Junos was able to capture enough pieces to put together a fully functional Phoenix Hawk PHX-3K. This mech was gifted to him on his retirement from the Federated Commonwealth army. The Draconis Combine still remembers Junos and he has many enemies in its ranks. He is now hiring out as a Mercenary.

Junos is known to fight behind enemy lines or taking out quick scouts. Because of this and the need to be independent the PHX-3K gave him an all energy build to last in fights but also the long range needed to take down fleeing scouts. Junos is older now, 42, but he still fights with his PHX-3K but now with years of experience to back up his waning skills.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Tue May 18, 2021 3:16 am

With all the euphoria of the Director returning to the forums, as well as a few other familiar faces coming back, with requests for old contracts to be released, are we still going to continue with Talitha?
Captain HUO Qubing

Morgan CHAN

Lt Gen ZHAO Zi Long
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank

MrPig

Postby MrPig » Tue May 18, 2021 3:27 am

Vampire wrote:With all the euphoria of the Director returning to the forums, as well as a few other familiar faces coming back, with requests for old contracts to be released, are we still going to continue with Talitha?

For my part, I would like to. I really like our characters and the situation we have, and I'd like to see it integrated in future storylines. I think what's been done with the Talitha thread sets a great precedent, and shows that we can have multi-unit contracts, as well.

Auton74 wrote:Thanks Mr. Pig. Yea I really like how you have the story so far. I could see myself jumping in as a Merc working with the FedSuns or with another unit. I have 2 ideas for a character... Here is one that might work

Name: Junos Darkthorn
Callsign: Heimdal
Role: Lance Commander
Home Planet: Robinson
Nationality: Federated Suns
Bio:
Leftenant for the Federated Suns Defense Force. Led a Recon/Quick Response Lance of mixed Medium and Light mechs for the Federated Suns. Junos fought in the Draconis March and against the Clans defending the Inner Sphere. Junos and his Scout Hunter Lance was able to destroy 30 different Draconis Combine and Clan recon and medium units though his campaigns. Through most of the fights Junos was able to capture enough pieces to put together a fully functional Phoenix Hawk PHX-3K. This mech was gifted to him on his retirement from the Federated Commonwealth army. The Draconis Combine still remembers Junos and he has many enemies in its ranks. He is now hiring out as a Mercenary.

Junos is known to fight behind enemy lines or taking out quick scouts. Because of this and the need to be independent the PHX-3K gave him an all energy build to last in fights but also the long range needed to take down fleeing scouts. Junos is older now, 42, but he still fights with his PHX-3K but now with years of experience to back up his waning skills.

Personal 'Mechs aren't quite a thing; equipment is provided and assigned by the unit. For example, if you were to join the Eden's Guard, you wouldn't be able to use your character's Phoenix Hawk in the roleplay.

Now that's not to saw we couldn't figure out a way to make that work. When I ran with the Black Talon Phoenixes, I requested an Uziel-2S, which McRaven obliged.

As the unit CO, I could buy a Phoenix Hawk, and we can just say that's your character's personal PHX-3K, and you'd be free to use it as you see fit within the RP. And if you chose to switch units with that character, you could request that your equipment go with you, though it's ultimately up to the CO to make that choice. Personally, I'd absolutely let you do that sort of thing.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Tue May 18, 2021 6:07 am

I'd say we maybe wrap things up with the opening of the cache, us getting our grubby hands on some hardware, have the various parties link up and get the hell off Talitha.

I'm no adverse to the idea of signing up with another unit, though I do hope to have a little autonomy on the characters, hardware, setup, etc. We can continue on either as immediately after Talitha, or jump forward a couple of years back to BTM timeline.

One thing though, I totally agree with MrPig and really do like the fact that we proved that we could do multi-member/ multi-unit joint posting and contracting. Having a shared OOC thread and using Google Doc seem the way to go.
Captain HUO Qubing

Morgan CHAN

Lt Gen ZHAO Zi Long
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank

MrPig

Postby MrPig » Tue May 18, 2021 6:30 am

Vampire wrote:I'd say we maybe wrap things up with the opening of the cache, us getting our grubby hands on some hardware, have the various parties link up and get the hell off Talitha.

I'm no adverse to the idea of signing up with another unit, though I do hope to have a little autonomy on the characters, hardware, setup, etc. We can continue on either as immediately after Talitha, or jump forward a couple of years back to BTM timeline.

One thing though, I totally agree with MrPig and really do like the fact that we proved that we could do multi-member/ multi-unit joint posting and contracting. Having a shared OOC thread and using Google Doc seem the way to go.

When I pitched doing a restart, my thinking was that we run a single, large unit of mercenaries to begin, and split off as we see fit.

However, if we're keen to pick up BTM where we left off, I think a big, shared contract would be a great place to kick things off.

Return to “BTM And Current Events”