Starting Things Up

General 'Out Of Character' news & events within Battletech-Mercenaries
Rabbit
affiliations: Major Benjamin Pugh - Black Talon Phoenixes
Captain Alexander Yau - Chaos Incorporated

Re: Starting Things Up

Postby Rabbit » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:17 pm

Vampire wrote:How much time do we intend to spend on unit and character(s) development, and when/how do we start to have us running into each other?

I plan on hitting Charity Heights (now moving that to Cloverdale) and meeting up with McRaven's group in my next post. Where is Cloverdale anyway?

Anyway... the point of my post... we can start coming together at any point really. I needed to get the Mechs recovered so we had rides, even battered ones, and a reason to go see the Mech factory peoples. Once I have established my people in town, feel free to spot them and we can start moving from there. Remember, as far as I am concerned, we use each others characters as needed in posts but don't contradict what has already been written for them / about them or get them killed. That's just rude. :)
MAJ Benjamin "Ironsides" Pugh
Black Talon Phoenixes

MAJ Alexander "Random" Yau
Chaos Incorporated

Captain Duncan "Hound" Myers
War Hounds

Cool Hand

Postby Cool Hand » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:00 pm

Rabbit wrote:Hey Cool Hand... do your old Colonel Kerran a favor and remind me who you were in the Shadow Lancers. Welcome back to the game. Look forward to seeing you writing again. :)

I'm hurt, Colonel. :lol: It's Lee. I ran Crom Company with Cpt. Tyr "Iron Fist" Eriksson for a little while.

Add on:::
Here was Lee's signature:

TJG Tyr "Iron Fist" Eriksson
Cronus CNS-5M "Ragnarok"
Viking Lance Lead
CO, Crom Company
Shadow Lancer Mercenary Command

Robert MacClendon, XO, Shadow Lancers Mercenary Command,
Hall Capellan Confederation ( :lol: )

Cool Hand

Postby Cool Hand » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:18 pm

I'm trying to come up with an idea for characters....is there any type y'all feel is needed specifically?

Mcraven
affiliations: Lance McRaven BTP
Major Robert McClendon Shadow Lancers

Postby Mcraven » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:54 pm

Depends, do you want to be a troublemaker, a savior, or a grunt? There are several quick lead ins, not to mention the standard fill....
Lance McRaven
Lieutenant General
Commanding Officer
BLACK TALON PHOENIX MERCENARY COMMAND

Rabbit
affiliations: Major Benjamin Pugh - Black Talon Phoenixes
Captain Alexander Yau - Chaos Incorporated

Postby Rabbit » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:18 am

I am going to blame your writing happening before the forums hit. And I am an old man. :D So please forgive me for not realizing who you were back in the day. lol

I don't think there is someone that need specifically, not at this point in the story, but I do feel that the field is WIDE open. Be who you and what you want. We were even just picking our gear instead of worrying about the purchasing of things and all that. Is there something or someone that you've always wanted to be ? Go for it ! :)
MAJ Benjamin "Ironsides" Pugh
Black Talon Phoenixes

MAJ Alexander "Random" Yau
Chaos Incorporated

Captain Duncan "Hound" Myers
War Hounds

Mcraven

Postby Mcraven » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:04 am

I agree with everything Rabbit wrote about hooking up and using each others personnel to lead in, with out too many changes. We can always edit as needed.
As far as Cloverdale, it will probably work more to your advantage. I envisioned it being roughly between Charity Heights and Monetary Gain. Banshee put Monetary Gain about 245 km from Charity Heights. I actually used this location (in the future, I guess, back in 2012RL, 3091 in the timeline, with my very own BTP). It is south west of Charity Heights, is in a more mountainous terrain, and is actually on a bluff which will make it easier to defend. In my mind, I am seeing the facility already stood up, as I roll into this next post. Lt. Conway let's me know he has been allowed to enter the plant, but has been disarmed until the security team there can talk with me. Dun, dun, Dun!!!!!!! I give the board a story that I am going to go and get them to stand down, and roll out, fully prepared to join with them.

Cloverdale, during my time with the BTP's on planet has underground hardened bunkers for mechs and vehicles, no less than 4 drop pads, a complete mech repair facility, since 1, it is the assembly line for the Cronus, and 2, it was the test facility. It has a maneuver range not far from the facility, and has automated turrets, both for defense and training. All accessways to the plant are under observation, with both passive and active sensors. Double chainlink fences surround everything with deadly force placards, and the inner areas, those not underground are surrounded by texas and alaska walls. (ferrocrete panels, fitted together, between 6 to 8 foot tall, 4 to 6 feet thick.) Hope to have my post up tonight, right now I am off to get some imaging done on my knee. See you soon.
Lance McRaven
Lieutenant General
Commanding Officer

Kentucky_Dirtbag

Postby Kentucky_Dirtbag » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:33 pm

I was actually thinking Gecko (maybe one or both of her fellow wingmen), due to the prototype stealth fighter, has a system/mechanical failure (or gets blasted by a stray shot), and has to bail or crash land. Obviously she'd have to destroy the prototype if it's still too intact, ala what Tom Hardy had to do to his Spitfire at the end of Dunkirk.
I'm pretty sure PPC barrels aren't supposed to droop like that after a single day of fighting...

Kentucky_Dirtbag

Postby Kentucky_Dirtbag » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:37 pm

Ohhh noooo... the Word of Blake is involved now? :shock:

Seeing that mustered the same feeling I'd have when reading a letter that I was selected for Jury Duty. This is gonna be rough.
I'm pretty sure PPC barrels aren't supposed to droop like that after a single day of fighting...

Mcraven

Postby Mcraven » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:58 pm

Toaster Lovers tend to bring that out in the Inner Sphere...
Lance McRaven
Lieutenant General
Commanding Officer

Vampire
affiliations: Black Stars

Postby Vampire » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:06 am

Kentucky_Dirtbag wrote:Ohhh noooo... the Word of Blake is involved now? :shock:

Seeing that mustered the same feeling I'd have when reading a letter that I was selected for Jury Duty. This is gonna be rough.

They're here for 2 things. Officially, they are tasked to operate the HPG for the FWL after ComStar withdraws.

Unofficially, they're here to see if they can uncover any SLDF supplies, equipment, data, etc. They'll haul off whatever they can, and destroy whatever they can't.

They therefore only have a VERY small presence on Talitha. A couple platoons of infantry, a couple of combat vees, and non-combat tech personnel.
Lt Gen Zhao Zi Long
Black Stars Mercenary Collective
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank

Baron of Erdvynn, Alarion Province, Lyran Alliance
Earl of Galisteo, Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey, Free Worlds League

Creator of Kingdom of Nibo

Return to “BTM And Current Events”