Starting Things Up

General 'Out Of Character' news & events within Battletech-Mercenaries
Cool Hand

Re: Starting Things Up

Postby Cool Hand » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:40 pm

Hey Sean, I'll be a 1st holdout or stray, how are y'all going to be putting the word out?

Mcraven
affiliations: Lance McRaven BTP
Major Robert McClendon Shadow Lancers

Postby Mcraven » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:00 pm

My thoughts are word would be passed through the techs, to various repair shops, parts brokers, on shared frequencies, as well as the Davion contacts within the Gilmour MilTech net. Heck, spin it how it best works for you, and I will write it in.
Lance McRaven
Lieutenant General
Commanding Officer
BLACK TALON PHOENIX MERCENARY COMMAND

Banshee
affiliations: Lt. Gen. Bronagh Gallagher, BTP
Major Aspen Dawn Castaneda, Shadow Lancers
Major Kit Caprice, Triple Nickels

Postby Banshee » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:38 am

LEE!!!

Awesome.

Ok, sorry guys, life hit sideways and I had nothing in the tank for writing. I'd planned on my people breaking down on the way to Charity Heights and having to hoof it, but that was a week ago in our timeline. If Cloverdale is between the two, I can have my folks show up there, or have them sitting in Charity Heights at this point, eyeballing that Mule.
Lt. Gen. Bronagh "Banshee" Gallagher
Black Talon Phoenixes
nee' Shadow Lancers

Vampire
affiliations: Black Stars

Postby Vampire » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:44 am

Argh... same here. Was planning several posts that was supposed to lead the WoB archeological team to eventually join my rogue CG group but was simply swamped with work and other stuff. After putting off writing for a couple of days, I hit a block and couldn't for the live of me put up anything coherent. I was hoping someone will write up something that will inspire me to do the same.

Anyway, that Mule is sort of my backup for a ride offworld in case the other story line about having a JumpShip/DropShip fleet coming to pick us up fail to materialize. At this point, not sure if a single Mule is big enough for all of us!

Anyway, feel free to play with it if you wish. I'm just waiting to see how the others continue their own arc and if I can work my work to linking up with one or more parties.
Lt Gen Zhao Zi Long
Black Stars Mercenary Collective
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank

Baron of Erdvynn, Alarion Province, Lyran Alliance
Earl of Galisteo, Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey, Free Worlds League

Creator of Kingdom of Nibo

Mcraven

Postby Mcraven » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:03 am

I am prepared to throw out the recall, as it was, for sanctuary (as limited as it will be,) at Cloverdale. Was waiting, hoping that Drakno would have entered our airspace by now. Without any idea what he is piloting, it is hard for me to send out a message, trying secure passage off world, and into...?
Lance McRaven
Lieutenant General
Commanding Officer

Rabbit
affiliations: Major Benjamin Pugh - Black Talon Phoenixes
Captain Alexander Yau - Chaos Incorporated

Postby Rabbit » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:04 pm

Go ahead and do your thing. We probably wouldn't know he was coming in anyway at this point and can work in whatever he's flying when the time comes. I am part way through a post with a part of my people being in Cloverdale.
MAJ Benjamin "Ironsides" Pugh
Black Talon Phoenixes

MAJ Alexander "Random" Yau
Chaos Incorporated

Captain Duncan "Hound" Myers
War Hounds

Mcraven

Postby Mcraven » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:38 pm

Any idea how large of a Dropper we will need? We have a large shuttle at Cloverdale, and my thoughts are to coerce one of the merchant supply ships to help with the evac. They will already be inbound, since it only stands to reason that the corporation is still business as usual.
Lance McRaven
Lieutenant General
Commanding Officer

Rabbit
affiliations: Major Benjamin Pugh - Black Talon Phoenixes
Captain Alexander Yau - Chaos Incorporated

Postby Rabbit » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:35 am

For sure? Not really... a Union plus I would think. Union would handle my and Vampire's Mechs for sure. We'd need some space for the vehicles, though we could get them on the Union without too much hassle. No clue about Aerospace Fighters... I thought about having recovered two from the LIGHTNING STRIKE, but that didn't happen so much on page. Would be nice to have more space than just one Union though... especially if we are going to recover any SLDF tech :D
MAJ Benjamin "Ironsides" Pugh
Black Talon Phoenixes

MAJ Alexander "Random" Yau
Chaos Incorporated

Captain Duncan "Hound" Myers
War Hounds

Vampire
affiliations: Black Stars

Postby Vampire » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:47 am

Indeed. I thought we discussed about something bigger, but we'd have to think of how we lay our grubby hands on it. One possible way is we bribe ourselves a ride on the Mule to bring us off Talitha, and we'll decide on how we upgrade after that. We don't have to set everything up on Talitha after all.
Lt Gen Zhao Zi Long
Black Stars Mercenary Collective
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank

Baron of Erdvynn, Alarion Province, Lyran Alliance
Earl of Galisteo, Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey, Free Worlds League

Creator of Kingdom of Nibo

Mcraven

Postby Mcraven » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:58 am

A Union, and a Mule it shall be. I know a pirate of a drop ship pilot for the Union, and it will be a little hard to look at, but it will be 100 percent serviceable. He will be an independent contractor, who may be useful later, if not, we can cut him loose. The Mule will be corporate owned, just loading it's bays for the trip back. I will put out the call later today, and I will initially contact the two inbound droppers, when they call in for landing instructions. If Drakno returns, we can pass the torch...if not, we will be able to put us all in one place, and loading what we can or need. This way, the unit and hardware can be viable, off planet. Hope to get the post up before dinner, just need to go over the specs on the Mule, and figure out the mode of transmission for the word. Jumpship should be a Merchant, in the hire of the Gilmour MilTech, to make the pass off easier. But, Vampire, if you want to try and bribe the other Mule, because there is that much more hardware in the cache, we can make the jumper a Monolith, possibly a free trader, who can take all three on. Your ComStar flag, as it were, might even make it easier to get a free trader to take us where we want to go, rater than follow the schedule of a corporation jump ship, which will be visiting another factory world.
Lance McRaven
Lieutenant General
Commanding Officer

Return to “BTM And Current Events”