Starting Things Up

General 'Out Of Character' news & events within Battletech-Mercenaries
Vampire
affiliations: Black Stars

Re: Starting Things Up

Postby Vampire » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:03 pm

Thing now is how we all link up and take what we can/want from the excavation site. If you have a plan or arc, let me know so I can work from there.
Lt Gen Zhao Zi Long
Black Stars Mercenary Collective
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank

Baron of Erdvynn, Alarion Province, Lyran Alliance
Earl of Galisteo, Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey, Free Worlds League

Creator of Kingdom of Nibo

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:31 pm

Finally got to writing again... my latest post is about Huo Qubing and his smallish band stopping just outside Tango Six Six, sending a squad of infantry in first to check things out.

What they will find is that the even small WoB has already found the place and was in the process of trying to open the vault doors when they were set upon by a group of either (1) deserted 1st Republican remnants, (2) fleeing mercs who were previously employed by the AFFC or (3) Talitha militia trying to tide things over. (I haven't decided on which). At this point, quite a few of the non-essential WoB personnel like guards, vehicular crew, etc were already killed.

Huo and his people will rescue the WoB, promising to set them free in exchange for saving their hide and allowing Huo initial access to the contents of the vault. Do let me know if any of you folks want to somehow join up, or if there's any piece of SLDF era equipment you would like so that I can RP about obtaining them, and maybe later use as bargaining chip in exchange for whatever it is we need from each other. Or it could simply be a case of "we need the extra firepower and that Mech/tank was sitting there idling anyway..."
Lt Gen Zhao Zi Long
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank

Mcraven
affiliations: Lance McRaven BTP
Major Robert McClendon Shadow Lancers

Postby Mcraven » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:52 pm

Like the direction of your story arc...As for equipment, Jack will most likely use any salvage remaining from the trip off world to purchase 2 3058 Pegasus upgrades, in place of his two...of course, I am thinking that Jack will most likely lose his own ride distracting the attacking forces when we are evacing...another good reason for him to purchase the upgrade. :P Today I am facing off with Dean Trance...and hopefully I can rp some of the bar encounters. Ready for stragglers at any time. Also, an idea that just came to me...if you need help, salvage wise, for movement, maybe you hear the recall announcements on the tech channels. We have prime movers at Cloverdale, and my Hovers are perfect convoy security. Again, just a thought. Back to Talitha.
Lance McRaven
Lieutenant General
Commanding Officer
BLACK TALON PHOENIX MERCENARY COMMAND

Kentucky_Dirtbag

Postby Kentucky_Dirtbag » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:02 pm

I'm still alive! Sorry that I've been away. Depressive stages in bipolar disorder really sucks sometimes. :(

I'm going to try to catch up!
I'm pretty sure PPC barrels aren't supposed to droop like that after a single day of fighting...

Mcraven

Postby Mcraven » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:45 pm

Glad you are back, sorry for RL issues, plenty of story left! Jump in whenever you are able!
Lance McRaven
Lieutenant General
Commanding Officer

Rabbit
affiliations: Major Benjamin Pugh - Black Talon Phoenixes
Captain Alexander Yau - Chaos Incorporated

Postby Rabbit » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:41 am

Kentucky_Dirtbag wrote:I'm still alive! Sorry that I've been away. Depressive stages in bipolar disorder really sucks sometimes. :(

I'm going to try to catch up!

Glad you are still alive. :) And don't worry, these things happen to us all (raises hand). As McRaven said, lots of story here for everyone. Ever forward !
MAJ Benjamin "Ironsides" Pugh
Black Talon Phoenixes

MAJ Alexander "Random" Yau
Chaos Incorporated

Captain Duncan "Hound" Myers
War Hounds

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:32 am

@Kentucky: what the others said. In fact, given that each of our story arcs and moving to and fro in time means that you can always backdate yours if you want. Ever forward!!

Mcraven wrote:Also, an idea that just came to me...if you need help, salvage wise, for movement, maybe you hear the recall announcements on the tech channels. We have prime movers at Cloverdale, and my Hovers are perfect convoy security. Again, just a thought. Back to Talitha.

Sounds like an excellent idea! The fact that my events occur a couple of days before yours fits in nicely. I'll overcome the forces at Tango Six Six, try to clean up the place, than maybe intercept those messages you are sending out.
Lt Gen Zhao Zi Long
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank

Mcraven

Postby Mcraven » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:35 am

I like the way you think!
Lance McRaven
Lieutenant General
Commanding Officer

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:27 am

If there isn't any particular SLDF era machines anyone particularly want, I'll RP that the treasure trove we find is made up of weapons and equipment - gauss rifles, pulse lasers, double heat sinks, FF armour plates, BAP, Arrow IV systems, XL engines as well as ammunition.

I know official BTM rules don't allow us to mod our equipment but right now, we're sort of playing by more liberal rules. Heck, I'd even suggest we create a thread for those one off mods we create for our story.

Do let me know if any of you have alternative suggestions.

As for myself, I haven't decided if any of my current hardware will survive our escape from Talitha. Probably going to keep the Highlander, Demon and Prowler. Anything is expendable at this point.
Lt Gen Zhao Zi Long
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank

Mcraven

Postby Mcraven » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:40 am

I keep reading through the design page on this site, especially the Nibo and Vampire tanks. It also reintroduced me to the Kanga, jumping tank. reimagined and redesign is the heart of maintaining equipment through the long dark night...
Lance McRaven
Lieutenant General
Commanding Officer

Return to “BTM And Current Events”