Mariahsyn

General 'Out Of Character' news & events within Battletech-Mercenaries
Mcraven
affiliations: Lance McRaven BTP
Major Robert McClendon Shadow Lancers

Mariahsyn

Postby Mcraven » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:42 pm

The Staff has terrible news to announce. Mariahsyn, character {Field Marshal Ravenna Black} passed away on 18 Aug 2021 after having to take time away from the community due to illness. Her mother contacted a few staff members and friends of Mariah on various email and social media yesterday. The message was short stating that she was her mother and the sad news that Mariah had passed on. How she passed on we do not know. We have reached out to her mother in the hopes that more can be found out.

We hope that everyone processes this and can celebrate her contributions, energy, and a very healthy dose of tenacity. Mariah was an influential and active member of our community. She was a big part of our community and other groups that she participated in. She will be sorely missed and a permanent place in our memories she will reside. We all are in shock with her passing, and it may be very hard on some. If anyone needs to talk about our loss, please reach out to the various Staff Members, and we will help to the best of our abilities.

I have shared her signature below, as it shows the depth of her character. Of course, she was larger than life, in many aspects of our community, and her contributions as a community member, a player, a leader, and a member of the Staff have added true depth to all of us who knew her. She will be sorely missed.

Duchess Ravenna Black.
Callsign: Blackbird.
Assignment: Headquarters Command, I Corps. (Operation Horus' Creance)
CO, Black Wolf Rangers.
Baroness Offerman and Duchess Warlock.

"And hell followed with her..."

**This announcement was the contribution of Duke James Black, Field Marshal (AFFS, Active), with edits from Lance McRaven, Lieutenant General, Provisional Deputy Director. Feel free to post your thoughts here, to share with the community**
Lance McRaven
Lieutenant General
Commanding Officer
BLACK TALON PHOENIX MERCENARY COMMAND
Provisional Deputy Director

Mcraven
affiliations: Lance McRaven BTP
Major Robert McClendon Shadow Lancers

Re: Mariahsyn

Postby Mcraven » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:48 am

So, I first met Mariah back in 2008. I had just returned from Iraq, again, and I joined this community. I joined her unit, the Antarian Lancers, and she teamed me up with Cool Hand. It created a friendship that still continues to this day. He approached me with an idea,

"So I know this will probably mess up the story slightly, but I was thinking of adding a mysterious new Solaris gladiator who's taking part in the final battle that I'm writing up who shows up just before the battle and is basically a combination of Mariah's character and Natasha Kerensky. As goofy as it sounds I wanted to give her last battle or fight. Like I had my differences with her obviously of of opinion on things, but she was a big part of mercenaries and she was cool to talk to outside of the game."

This was my response:

"That's cool. She might even have come to us because of the Phoenix/Raven totems that we have....a nod to when Mariah had the Raven Legion.....OR....Rift Tigers Clan.....Mariah created them...The Director and I are talking about making them a BTM Canon Clan, and putting her name as an honor/blood name"

And this was part of what he wrote: (We are on Solaris VII, fighting the FWL), this takes place in Steiner Stadium"

"Mechwarriors from Overlord and Blue Fists stables had been next to arrive; followed by Oonthrax and Lion City stables. Then to everyone’s surprise, a pair of Clan mechs, namely a Hellstar-3 and Grand Summoner, had appeared at the perimeter. The Hellstar was easily identified as being that of Shayde Jade Falcon with its metallic blue livery and 8-pointed star symbol on the front of the mechs right leg. The Zellbrigen Stables warrior, one of the current top 20 in the Open Class rankings, had told Alex that this was an opportunity for him to fight in large scale battle once more, almost a Grand Melee. It was the battlemech and pilot accompanying him that Alex was still trying to work through.
The Grand Summoner, or Thor II to most of the Inner Sphere; was clad in the colors of Clan Rift Tiger. Even more strange to Alex was that one shoulder had what appeared to be a raven in flight painted on it, with the word “Nevermore” below it. The MechWarrior had exited the Summoner wearing her neuro helmet, which had another unit symbol on it that Alex very easily recognized, that of the former Raven Legion mercenary unit. As she approached the group, he could see a raven feather attached to her cooling vest. At last, removing the neuro helmet and running a hand through her dark hair, Alex was stunned momentarily, seeing what appeared to be a cross of Natasha Kerensky and the Duchess Black, also known as AFFS Field Marshall Ravenna Black. Introducing herself as Nyx, the Clan warrior had proceeded to tell them that she was there to join the Black Talon Phoenixes. The Phoenix totem had brought her, first to Solaris and now to the BTP; its symbol of rebirth driving her in a quest to find rebirth for herself as the MechWarrior her parents had been with the Raven Legion.

marion_taven_3.jpg
marion_taven_3.jpg (230.57 KiB) Viewed 6457 times

Rest in Peace, Duchess, and if you can't, then Give them Hell!
Lance McRaven
Lieutenant General
Commanding Officer
BLACK TALON PHOENIX MERCENARY COMMAND
Provisional Deputy Director

Return to “BTM And Current Events”