Landholds

General 'Out Of Character' news & events within Battletech-Mercenaries
Dulio12385
affiliations: Black Stars Mercenary Collective

Re: Landholds

Postby Dulio12385 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:05 pm

DeputyDirector wrote:
Major, I don't believe you are understanding the full idea of these perks entirely. A mercenary unit with six Landholds would have a reputation of 100 with one particular House so would be in great standing with that House to the point they are getting Christmas cards hand-signed by the Archon / First Prince / Coordinator / Celestial Wisdom / Captain General. They would also be getting 360MM C-bills as income from their Landholds. On top of that, they would be getting these perks of (for example) a JumpShip, a company of Mechs, more generous contract terms, or some more MM of C-bills. There is no loss of monies to the unit for these perks, its the House in question saying to the unit: "thanks for going off and taking care of things for us so well for so long... use this for a bit to help you out".

Or are you understanding that and I am missing the point of your suggestions? Always possible... its relatively early and I have only had one Monster so far.

I think its a bit of both since we were discussing the non-territorial factions and their possible rewards then I went off tangent and suggested applying it to the general system.
Major Clint "Tex" Dyson
CO Alcyone Gunslingers
Governor-General of Erdvynn
Black Stars Collective [Inactive]

"The devil loves a mad man when the monkey is in control."

Email, Facebook, Skype or YM: dulio12385@yahoo.com

DeputyDirector

Postby DeputyDirector » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:24 pm

Okay. Since we have identified that, have all of your questions on this been answered to your satisfaction or do you have additional questions?
Raymond Freeman MacCreary
Deputy Director
Mercenary Review and Bonding Commission (MRBC)

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant.”
Croaker, The Black Company

Dulio12385

Postby Dulio12385 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:14 am

DeputyDirector wrote:Okay. Since we have identified that, have all of your questions on this been answered to your satisfaction or do you have additional questions?

Yep more or less. I'm behind the ideas posited here.
Major Clint "Tex" Dyson
CO Alcyone Gunslingers

DeputyDirector

Postby DeputyDirector » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:15 am

Excellent. If you have other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask.

Anyone else? :)
Deputy Director

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant.”

Vampire
affiliations: Dirty Half Dozens

Postby Vampire » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:46 am

I'm in support of the ideas here. I DID have a particular idea rolling around in my head, but upon further reflection nothing that couldn't be solved by MUs themselves getting more creative and spending their own resources in exchange for more RP potential.

If you could spare me a little time...

We all know that in canon, large merc commands like the Dragoons and Hounds implemented the system where they funded and trained smaller units from which they would either incorporate into their own at a later stage or recruit the best members from them. In short, farming and incubation.

For some of us, the chance to RP different characters and even play in different type of units are major selling points of being in the BTM community.

In a way, the Stars offer this to members by allowing them to build their own sub-units as they want, with a couple of our members selling off all their hardware and rebuilding in a completely different direction after a while.

Another way to offer such RP oppotunity is allow MUs with landhold to possibly RP smallish merc units that might be looking for a long term ticket not unlike those that signed up with the Dragoons and Hounds. One way WE can do this is for MUCOs to peel off resources and funds to build another unit, pick up smaller contracts and run along with things.

It might sound like I'm trying to have my cake and eat it too, but what I'm looking for is to have the chance to work with a faction, probably as the 'bad guy' without suffering negative rep with the faction with which I currently have a landhold.

Seriously, with the FWL and ULTRA having cut across the Inner Sphere, it seems strange that NONE of the BTM merc commands participated on THEIR side. I would love to have the chance to do that, so that we'd have a perspective from the other side of the fence. This doesnt apply only to the ULTRA story arc of course. It could be used for any other story arcs we have in the future.

The main issue here, like the MAJGEN mentioned, is that this would unnecessarily add to staff workload, which is something we'd all like to avoid.

At this moment, short of creating anothet independent unit, i have no idea how this can be done.
Captain HUO Qubing
CO Dirty Half Dozens Mercenary Command

Morgan CHAN
Military Hardware Brokerage Office
(part-time Black Market dealer)

Lt Gen ZHAO Zi Long
Black Stars Mercenary Collective
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank

Baron of Erdvynn, Alarion Province, Lyran Alliance
Earl of Galisteo, Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey, Free Worlds League

Creator of Kingdom of Nibo

Dulio12385

Postby Dulio12385 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:25 am

Vampire wrote:I'm in support of the ideas here. I DID have a particular idea rolling around in my head, but upon further reflection nothing that couldn't be solved by MUs themselves getting more creative and spending their own resources in exchange for more RP potential.

If you could spare me a little time...

We all know that in canon, large merc commands like the Dragoons and Hounds implemented the system where they funded and trained smaller units from which they would either incorporate into their own at a later stage or recruit the best members from them. In short, farming and incubation.

For some of us, the chance to RP different characters and even play in different type of units are major selling points of being in the BTM community.

In a way, the Stars offer this to members by allowing them to build their own sub-units as they want, with a couple of our members selling off all their hardware and rebuilding in a completely different direction after a while.

Another way to offer such RP oppotunity is allow MUs with landhold to possibly RP smallish merc units that might be looking for a long term ticket not unlike those that signed up with the Dragoons and Hounds. One way WE can do this is for MUCOs to peel off resources and funds to build another unit, pick up smaller contracts and run along with things.

It might sound like I'm trying to have my cake and eat it too, but what I'm looking for is to have the chance to work with a faction, probably as the 'bad guy' without suffering negative rep with the faction with which I currently have a landhold.

Seriously, with the FWL and ULTRA having cut across the Inner Sphere, it seems strange that NONE of the BTM merc commands participated on THEIR side. I would love to have the chance to do that, so that we'd have a perspective from the other side of the fence. This doesnt apply only to the ULTRA story arc of course. It could be used for any other story arcs we have in the future.

The main issue here, like the MAJGEN mentioned, is that this would unnecessarily add to staff workload, which is something we'd all like to avoid.

At this moment, short of creating anothet independent unit, i have no idea how this can be done.

^The joys of the corporate alter ego; like Starbucks and Seattle's Best being essentially the same company... except they sell bullets at muzzle velocity.

That said can I be clarified if Periphery states, like the Marian Hegemony or the Outworlds Alliance, can or will be allowed bestow landholds under this new system or will they be treated like non-territorial entities like Corporations and Nobles?
Major Clint "Tex" Dyson
CO Alcyone Gunslingers

DeputyDirector

Postby DeputyDirector » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:37 pm

Vampire....

Stay tuned.

We're working on that. ;)
Deputy Director

ArticFreeze
affiliations: Major Tanner is McFadden
Veens irregulers
Bravo Ad hoc battalion
Huntsmen
nova commander Antonius hall(deceased)
Growling bears
Stormcorow

star captain Stryker Roshak
disposed MechWarrior

star captain revenant Malthus
emerald falcons trinary
King Fisher-H

Captain Justin Robinson
Robinsions Royal knights
Atlas II dh2

Postby ArticFreeze » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:15 pm

the veens irregulers have a land hold on Jonathon and one on Valexa
May the sun always shine bright may the warmth of god always embrace you keeping you strong and joyful.

DeputyDirector

Postby DeputyDirector » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:12 am

Thank you for the information.
Deputy Director

DeputyDirector

Postby DeputyDirector » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:28 am

For everyone's information here are the currently awarded landholds

Active Units
Restless Souls: Baxter, Lyran Alliance; Two Landholds on Quentin and two Landholds on Broken Wheel, Federated Suns
Aura Wings: three Landholds on Galtor, Draconis Combine
Black Stars: Erdvynn, Lyran Alliance
Black Wolf Rangers: two Landholds on Cimeron and one on Colia, Federated Suns

Inactive Units
Raven Legion: two Landholds on Offerman and one on Paradise, Free Worlds League
Hellstorm Hussars: Filtvelt, Federated Suns
Veen's Irregulars: Jonathan, Confederated Magistry and Valexa, Federated Suns
Shadow Lancers: Hall, Confederated Magistry (currently under the control of the Free Worlds League)

If someone believes something was missed, please contact me.

Further, unless there is more discussion on these rules, they shall be made official on February 3, 2017. Thank you.
Deputy Director

Return to “BTM And Current Events”