New Battletech Mercenaries Website

General 'Out Of Character' news & events within Battletech-Mercenaries
DeputyDirector

Re: New Battletech Mercenaries Website

Postby DeputyDirector » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:15 am

That sort of thing could happen, but with the understanding that MUCOs run their units in various ways and formats, so no two are going to be exactly alike. So, what you experience in the Boot Camp could very well be different than what you would experience in the Restless Souls or the Black Stars. It would also require a bit of time from your already time-short staff. :)

I shall toss this to the rest of the Staff and seek their thoughts.
Raymond Freeman MacCreary
Deputy Director
Mercenary Review and Bonding Commission (MRBC)

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant.”
Croaker, The Black Company

Dulio12385
affiliations: Black Stars Mercenary Collective

Postby Dulio12385 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:38 am

Another suggestion though this could be either easy or tedious to do depending on how detail oriented the staff wants to be;

A quick reference page for all extant factions. Considering how far we've drifted from canon and Catalyst's tendency to write backwards (doing Historical books) canon books are not a perfect reference anymore.

Ideally a basic faction page should have the faction's name (duh), present leader/s, currency, capital, depot worlds(for faction and MHB), current state of relations with various other factions (who are they at war with, allied with, etc) and, if the earlier staff suggestion pushes through, what perks a given faction offers for Reputation 20+. It does not have to be like what we have now where you have voluminous block of text narrating everything, its more like an identity card for the faction.
Major Clint "Tex" Dyson
CO Alcyone Gunslingers
Governor-General of Erdvynn
Black Stars Collective [Inactive]

"The devil loves a mad man when the monkey is in control."

Email, Facebook, Skype or YM: dulio12385@yahoo.com

Preacher

Postby Preacher » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:52 am

In reference to the Boot Camp it does not necessarily have to be "time-strapped" staff but anyone could help or do it. The main thing would be to give a hand in the generalized way of posting. Like what the judges are looking for in a post, etc. So maybe instead of a Boot Camp maybe a Posting 101 that lays out a General Blueprint.
Captain Maximilian "Preacher" Soles
Tempest Lance CO
Chaos Incorporated

DarkHarlequin
affiliations: Captain Erik 'Harlequin' Ingersoll
CO Ingersoll's Armoured Cavalry Mercenary Unit

Postby DarkHarlequin » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:40 pm

I think the Boot Camp is something that would be best run by actual MUCOs, maybe a rotating position or something like that. Each RL month, one MUCO is in charge of the Boot Camp for anyone who happens to be coming back. That way, you'd be able to see what previous MUCOs did, and it would even give a bit of insight into how the different units are run, so if someone new came in and wanted to know how things happen, they'd be able to go "oh hey, June 2017, thats the Restless Souls' way of doing things, thats different than July where the Aura Wings were operating it".

Could be a living RP, where each time a unit is in charge, it's one of their officers on detatched duty to the MRBC to basiclly run newbies through the basics before they pick a command to work with.
Captain Erik Ingersoll
Callsign: Harlequin
Commanding Officer, Ingersoll's Armoured Cavalry Mercenary Unit

SgtMac

Postby SgtMac » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:29 pm

I like the idea behind the "boot camp " idea, as long as returning players get evaluated for the level of training required. Some of the returning players have a lot of experience in the community. Length of time gone should be evaluated as well. Core competencies, and our timeline should be covered by the trainers.

DeputyDirector

Postby DeputyDirector » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:27 pm

I do like the boot camp idea and would have no problems with MUCOs running it on the Forums, I just wasn't going to commit anyone beyond the Staff to doing it. :) This would also be a voluntary thing, so if you are a returning player or even a new one, if you feel comfortable with writing in both BTM and Battletech then you don't have to do it, but if you want the "training" you are welcome to do so.

I am going to make a thread for the boot camp discussion elsewhere on here so we don't continue to highjack the discussion on the new website. :)
Deputy Director

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant.”

Dulio12385

Postby Dulio12385 » Tue May 16, 2017 12:23 am

Could we have an additional column for the cost of kits for Omni-Units on the MHB?

And maybe if we could sell Battle Armor by the suit instead of squad or point? It'd allow us to be more flexible in infantry organization though of course salvage would still be by point, squad or Level-I depending on the opposition faced in the contract.
Major Clint "Tex" Dyson
CO Alcyone Gunslingers

DeputyDirector

Postby DeputyDirector » Tue May 16, 2017 2:39 am

The OmniKits are a part of the MHB that is being worked on. If you have a question on a particular kit, let me know... I have prices and the like and will make requested units a priority. Apologies, things like that are (reluctantly) getting pushed to the side due to RL busy-ness.

Single suits... probably not. :)
Deputy Director

Dulio12385

Postby Dulio12385 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:36 am

Would you happen to have the pricing for the Morgenstern's kits? It does not seem to appear in the comprehensive list provided by the director.
Major Clint "Tex" Dyson
CO Alcyone Gunslingers

DeputyDirector

Postby DeputyDirector » Tue May 16, 2017 10:38 pm

I do not, but let me see what I can do about that.
Deputy Director

Return to “BTM And Current Events”