Boot Camps

General 'Out Of Character' news & events within Battletech-Mercenaries
DeputyDirector

Boot Camps

Postby DeputyDirector » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:29 pm

TEN-HUT!!!

This is the boot camp thread to discuss the introduction of the boot camp to new and returning players. This is not the actual boot camp. It shall be run by veteran players to help show how things are done in the BTM universe. Additional suggestions and discussions for this project to follow this thread please. :)
Raymond Freeman MacCreary
Deputy Director
Mercenary Review and Bonding Commission (MRBC)

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant.”
Croaker, The Black Company

DeputyDirector

Re: Boot Camps

Postby DeputyDirector » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:26 am

We would also be looking for veteran writers to assist in the running of these boot camps. If you are interested, please let us know on this thread.
Deputy Director

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant.”

Dulio12385
affiliations: Black Stars Mercenary Collective

Postby Dulio12385 » Mon May 01, 2017 2:37 am

Well at the very least, a note should be placed at Boot Camp that Strunk & White's Elements of Style handbook is a must read for people aspiring to turn out professional quality writing.
Major Clint "Tex" Dyson
CO Alcyone Gunslingers
Governor-General of Erdvynn
Black Stars Collective [Inactive]

"The devil loves a mad man when the monkey is in control."

Email, Facebook, Skype or YM: dulio12385@yahoo.com

director
Site Admin
affiliations: Timothy Joshua Reid, Director MRBC
Lt. Gen. Timothy Maddox MUCO of Hellstorm Hussars, Count of Filtvelt
Colonel Alyssa Maddox MUXO of Hellstorm Hussars
Ellison 'Ely' Reed Storms Armored Cavalry

Postby director » Mon May 01, 2017 3:25 pm

Dulio12385 wrote:Well at the very least, a note should be placed at Boot Camp that Strunk & White's Elements of Style handbook is a must read for people aspiring to turn out professional quality writing.

Strunk & White's Elements of Style handbook - Never heard of it.

In fairness, I used a different grammar book back in the day, and what makes sense in prose may not make sense in the types of work you do in school.

Also, this is a free to play game, the only thing you get back are in game assets. I do not expect anyone to be 'professionals' when it comes to writing, I do expect them to take writing seriously enough to work to improve over time. I would dare say that some of our best writers may not even know about that style handbooks existence.
Timothy Joshua Reid
Director
Outreach
MRBC
Mercenary Review and Bonding Commission.

DeputyDirector

Postby DeputyDirector » Tue May 02, 2017 1:07 pm

Prose and all is fine and while I never would discourage anyone from bettering their writing skills, myself included, that's not really the point of posting to this game. :) By all means, if you are encouraged to do so and have that desire, have at it, but the big thing is that everyone enjoy themselves.
Deputy Director

Return to “BTM And Current Events”