Player-based Public Relations Project

General 'Out Of Character' news & events within Battletech-Mercenaries
MrPig
affiliations: Penelope "Dime" Trumbull

Re: Player-based Public Relations Project

Postby MrPig » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:55 am

Gunther Price wrote:What did you do with all the other information I supplied? Just curious.

I haven't used it yet, but I will soon. They'll be their own posts. Could you link me to the involved contracts?

There is still some development I'd like to do to the Tumblr to make it more interesting, too. Graphics are still in need, but I'll keep playing with what I have.

Gunther Price
affiliations: Sergeant Gunther Price
Crusader
Fire Support
Command
1st Company
Robinson's Royal Knights (RETIRED)
FEDERATED SUNS

Postby Gunther Price » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 am

Top of the page, UNIT NEWS. Here
Gunther Price
‘Python'
MUCO
Brevetted Major
Thunderbolt TDR-12SE
'Mech Company
Sniper Lance
Sniper
Ingersolls Armored Cavalry
LYRAN ALLIANCE

MrPig

Postby MrPig » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:49 am

Okay, I've wrapped my head around how this is gonna look.

I'll have a few side-sites on Tumblr, which will have a repository of contracts and other information, so people can use it as a sort of 'table of contents' to make it easy.

To get an idea, look at this page.

Also, if you want to have your unit's website on the Tumblr, let me know, and I can set it up. You'll have to maintain your site yourself, and you'll need a Tumblr account. Most of it ought to be simple HTML but it can take more complex stuff.

MrPig

Postby MrPig » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:51 am

Gunther Price wrote:What did you do with all the other information I supplied? Just curious.

Would you mind if I linked to the LA-DC-04-06 transcript directly? I will also post the sample post directly on the Tumblr.

Also, post made.

One more thing: If you use a play-by of a celebrity, I'll use the image you have; it's rare for people to get in trouble for that sort of thing.

However, if you use someone's art, or a model's photoshoot, I'm going to try to contact the artist and obtain permission to use their art on the Tumblr, because we use the Tumblr to promote the game, which is different from posting the image on the forum for our own use. It's an outward/inward sort of thing. If we ever use someone's art, we'll link to their profiles and websites.

Gunther Price
affiliations: Sergeant Gunther Price
Crusader
Fire Support
Command
1st Company
Robinson's Royal Knights (RETIRED)
FEDERATED SUNS

Postby Gunther Price » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:07 am

MrPig wrote:Also, if you want to have your unit's website on the Tumblr, let me know,

No, Thank You.

MrPig wrote:Would you mind if I linked to the LA-DC-04-06 transcript directly?

I don't think that decision is mine to make. That will fall to the Director's Realm.
Gunther Price
‘Python'
MUCO
Brevetted Major
Thunderbolt TDR-12SE
'Mech Company
Sniper Lance
Sniper
Ingersolls Armored Cavalry
LYRAN ALLIANCE

MrPig

Postby MrPig » Wed May 19, 2021 9:46 pm

So I've been going around and finding communities, particularly Battletech communities, and getting confirmation that I can share the link & discuss BTM.

I've gotten permission from the Battletech Reddit, the Battletech Reddit's Discord channel, and the Discord channel for Everything Battletech. I've got a couple of others run by personal friends that I'm looking to post to, as well.

Here's the blurb I was thinking of posting:

The MRBC is recruiting! Mercenary units all over the Inner Sphere are looking for pilots! Mercenaries are in demand all over the Inner Sphere! Consult your nearest MRBC office, and start your career as a mercenary TODAY!

Battletech Mercenaries is a long-standing Battletech roleplaying group, with a custom, player-led canon beginning in 3067, and continuing into the 32nd Century. Here, the Word of Blake was driven out by the Second Star League, which lasted until 3085. Its crumbling led to the Fifth Succession War, which lasts to this day, and has only escalated after the Free Worlds League seized Terra, making Captain-General Agatha Rousset-Marik the most dangerous woman in the Inner Sphere.

A forum-based roleplay, BTM has a number of player-led Mercenary & Clan units who take on contracts, write collaborative stories to meet their objectives, and get paid to expand and improve their Mercenary units. Powerful units are even granted landholds and their leaders given titles of nobility!

Units like the Eden's Guard, Black Talon Phoenixes, Aura Wings, and Black Wolf Rangers are recruiting, and the Clans stand ready to make their move. Check out our Discord, and feel free to ask any questions!

Join today!

Naturally I'll tweak the last line to correspond to whomever wants to relaunch their unit.

What do you all think? Anything to add, remove or change?

Rabbit
affiliations: Major Benjamin Pugh - Black Talon Phoenixes
Captain Alexander Yau - Chaos Incorporated

Postby Rabbit » Thu May 20, 2021 11:58 pm

Mr. Pig...

Make it so, sir.
MAJ Benjamin "Ironsides" Pugh
Black Talon Phoenixes

MAJ Alexander "Random" Yau
Chaos Incorporated

Captain Duncan "Hound" Myers
War Hounds

MrPig

Postby MrPig » Thu May 27, 2021 5:18 am

https://www.reddit.com/r/battletech/com ... r_players/

Okay I put the ad up on 2 places.

I hope I did your units justice! Let me know if you'd like me to change the blurb for your unit at all.

MrPig

Postby MrPig » Thu May 27, 2021 7:29 am

I posted it in a couple of other places on Reddit; I'm not sure if we're their thing, they seemed to be mostly kink RP, but they didn't exclude our kind of deal. I've got a couple of requests in the works, too.

One thing that might really help is getting onto an RP list directory, but we'd probably need to link back to them. I'll look for options.

The biggest seems to be Roleplay Directory. These kinds of affiliations usually ask that we link-share - they link us if we link them. There are directories and individual forums; I've run recruitments for these kinds of things before, to mixed success. There are also listings where we can 'bump', which can make discovery easier. This latter one can be very productive if we're consistent about bumping.

It's an unfamiliar world; BTM has spread almost entirely by word-of-mouth. But I have seen efforts like this pay off; especially if we make the process of joining and starting as simple and quick as possible.

I will also admit, I kinda got banned from /roleplay on Reddit a couple years ago for getting too spammy. I asked if I could get it undone but they said no. Definitely lesson learned. But there's a bunch of places like that.

Honestly I'm kind of covering our bases here; the best places for us to focus is on Battletech communities.

MrPig

Postby MrPig » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:04 pm

And
here
we
go

We're officially on the Battletech forums

Return to “BTM And Current Events”