Unable to Access User Home Tab on BTM

General 'Out Of Character' news & events within Battletech-Mercenaries
DNA
Site Admin

Unable to Access User Home Tab on BTM

Postby DNA » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:28 pm

I had submitted a unit under a different name, but afterwards, I wanted to change it, so I was instructed to submit the unit again under the new name. After my unit submission was approved, I tried to access my user home tab on BTM, and I keep on getting the "This page isn't working" error. I reached out to the Deputy Director, and was informed that sometimes the system locks up when it sees a member is the MUCO of two units, even if one is inactive, or in my case, submitted, but not fully approved.

The two options I have are (1) being taken off as the MUCO for the inactive unit, or (2) setting up a new account in BTM. As for Option 1, I don't know have access to do that, or even if it's possible at an admin level. As for Option 2, I have the following questions: (a) will I lose all of my old characters, and (b) will I need to rename my unit the third time because it can't match the one that was fully approved.

Any update and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Captain Akihiko Tanaka
Callsign: Scorpion
MUCO, Last Resort Mercenary Unit

Sergeant Alefosio "Al" Aitu
Callsign: Shayu
Member, Aurigan Irregulars Mercenary Unit

"You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" - Vizzini, The Princess Bride

Remington von Wolffe
Site Admin
affiliations: MRBC/DMM
Historian

Re: Unable to Access User Home Tab on BTM

Postby Remington von Wolffe » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:25 am

Option 3 be patient and wait for the Director's return. He actually pops in from time to time. It's really a simple fix its just that no one on the Staff has the passwords but the Director.

Just track everything you do manually via the forums until we implement the solution.

DeputyDirector

Postby DeputyDirector » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:41 am

That is an excellent option three. Because, yes, making a new user name would go off and have you recreating things. We don't want to do that unless we have to and since we have another option, we don't HAVE to do so. I have spoken with the Director and he will try and get back in touch with me on the information to make changes to the database or do it himself tomorrow. Either will work.

Now, even with all of that... take a look at contracts and let me know if you find one that works for you and we can see what we can do to move you forward from there, even with any delay in getting the unit activated on the BTM main site.
Raymond Freeman MacCreary
Deputy Director
Mercenary Review and Bonding Commission (MRBC)

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant.”
Croaker, The Black Company

DeputyDirector

Postby DeputyDirector » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:34 am

Captain Zane...

You should be good to go now. Please check and verify you can enter into your MUCO interface and bid on contracts.
Raymond Freeman MacCreary
Deputy Director
Mercenary Review and Bonding Commission (MRBC)

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant.”
Croaker, The Black Company

Return to “BTM And Current Events”