director
Site Admin
affiliations: Timothy Joshua Reid, Director MRBC
Lt. Gen. Timothy Maddox MUCO of Hellstorm Hussars, Count of Filtvelt
Colonel Alyssa Maddox MUXO of Hellstorm Hussars
Ellison 'Ely' Reed Storms Armored Cavalry

EU New Link/Tax

Postby director » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:02 pm

EU Puts An End To The Open Internet: Link Taxes And Filters Approved By Just 5 Votes

I can't believe I had to read this article.

Here's what I'm wanting to know. I'm trying to determine how badly this might impact our site, as BTM is not a corporation, we don't make any money off of you all, I am concerned it may be the final nail in our sites longevity. So what I'm trying to figure out, is how many of our active participants are likely impacted by these EU Rules. So please answer it if you at any point feel this law directly impacts you.
Timothy Joshua Reid
Director
Outreach
MRBC
Mercenary Review and Bonding Commission.

MrPig
affiliations: Penelope "Dime" Trumbull

Re: EU New Link/Tax

Postby MrPig » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:21 pm

My hope is we're too small to notice, or that this will crash and burn so spectacularly that there will be swift reform. Of course hope and expectation are not the same thing.

My unit works with Google Docs, and we're fortunate enough to only have Americans that don't travel out of the country all that much. I know that isn't true for most units, however. But I can think of enough workarounds that any possible EU players wouldn't get in trouble; access to the site, though, is a different story.

What it would prevent, however, is something like Patreon support to expand or support the site, which is dumb.

Still, we have time; it won't be fully implemented for another two years, at least.

Remington von Wolffe
Site Admin
affiliations: MRBC/DMM
Historian

Re: EU New Link/Tax

Postby Remington von Wolffe » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:07 am

WOW!

ArktiUndib

Красивая арктика

Postby ArktiUndib » Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:40 pm

Арктика - северная полярная область Земли, включающая окраины материков Евразии и Северной Америки, почти весь Северный Ледовитый океан с островами и прилегающие к нему части Атлантического и Тихого океанов. Название её происходит от греческого слова arctos (медведь) и связано со звёздами: Полярная звезда, находящаяся почти точно в зените над Северным полюсом, принадлежит к созвездию Малая Медведица.
Все об арктике arkti.ru

Return to “BTM And Current Events”