New Military Hardware

Your source for guns, toys and the coolest rides in the 31st Century!
DeputyDirector

New Military Hardware

Postby DeputyDirector » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:43 am

If there is new military hardware that you would like to see posted to the MHB, please list the needed information on this thread. I cannot promise immediate assignment to the MHB but I will do my best to make sure this is done in a timely fashion.

Please be sure to include all information that we use on the MHB (name, model, BV, etc.) to speed up their addition... the less I have to research than the quicker it happens. Please note that military hardware that is released in canon past our current timeline (3100, 3145, and 3150 TRO and updates) will not be included.

Equipment that is Dark Age only, meaning it was created specifically for the Dark Age due to a specific event that occurred during that timeline, will be reviewed before being added to verify that it would actually have been created here. For example, if a Mech was created JUST to counter some sort of Wobbie action that never occurred in our timeline, then it would not be added here. I cannot think of any examples right off as I am not super familiar with all that happened in the Dark Ages, but I wanted to put the disclaimer in before requests for such came pouring in. :)

BTM custom designs are still on hold for now, which I apologize for, but that needs to happen until we can get our website stabilized and updated and the staff can best accommodate bringing those new designs in while still dealing with the rest of the workload.

Questions and comments are welcome.
Raymond Freeman MacCreary
Deputy Director
Mercenary Review and Bonding Commission (MRBC)

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant.”
Croaker, The Black Company

Madman

Re: New Military Hardware

Postby Madman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:54 pm

Please add the OTT-11J Ostscout to the MHB.

Ostscout OTT-11J BV(2): 908 35 tons Cost: 7,504,650 C-bills Era: 3085 Faction: FS, LA, WoB, ComStar, FWL

It was made on Terra in the standard timeline by the WoB, from what I am understanding. After the Republic of the Sphere had Terra they sold it to the FS and LA. It was based on the OTT-10CS, which is on the MHB, so should be produced in our timeline, right? I am guessing that ComStar would have it available since they did hold Terra at one point and the FWL would have it too since they hold Terra now. Those are my thoughts on it anyway.
Captain Jackson "Madman" Tallman
MUXO
Chaos Incorporated

Captain Richard "Pepper" Potter
MUCO
Jackrabbits From Hell

"The backbone of surprise is fusing speed with secrecy." - Carl von Clausewitz

DeputyDirector

Postby DeputyDirector » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:44 pm

Done. OTT-11J is available for purchase on the MHB.
Deputy Director

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant.”

Storywriter J. Allen

Postby Storywriter J. Allen » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:14 pm

I would love to see the R10 Mechanized Infantry Combat Vehicle added.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/R10

All I have is what's on sarna.
Staff Position
Storyline Writer Jon Allen

MUCO Character
Captain Niobe Bey
Commanding Officer
The Great White Fleet MU

DeputyDirector

Postby DeputyDirector » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:42 pm

Loremaster...

I have added all three Omni versions of the R10 Infantry Combat Vehicle and the non-Omni Coolant Truck variant. All four versions are buyable. I am placing them as buyable despite their development being in 3097 in standard timeline as I am certain that with the current confrontations the FWL is in, military R&D is at an all time high.

BTW, I found additional information (cost, battle value, etc.) on Mech Factory (http://battletech.rpg.hu/mechfactory_frame.php). It's a great site and I recommend it highly. You do have to make a login to use it, but I have never had anyone email me from there or anything, so I think it's worth it.
Deputy Director

Storywriter J. Allen

Postby Storywriter J. Allen » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:51 pm

I always forget about Mech Factory. Thanks!
Staff Position

MUCO Character
Captain Niobe Bey
Commanding Officer
The Great White Fleet MU

DeputyDirector

Postby DeputyDirector » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:57 pm

You're welcome. :)
Deputy Director

Storywriter J. Allen

Postby Storywriter J. Allen » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:59 pm

Gorgon Dropship (Aerodyne), FWL affiliation

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 406`656`000 C-Bills
Battle Value: 5988

From Mech Factory
Staff Position

MUCO Character
Captain Niobe Bey
Commanding Officer
The Great White Fleet MU

DeputyDirector

Postby DeputyDirector » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:18 pm

The Gorgon carrier has been added to the MHB as a buyable unit.
Deputy Director

DeputyDirector

Postby DeputyDirector » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:27 pm

You will note some new hardware on the MHB. I am going through and reviewing hardware costs and BV versus what's on Mech Factory and changing our units to match. If you see some unit on there with an outrageous price (like the Amazon BA) that's because there is no price listed on Mech Factory for it at this point and the outrageous price is just a place holder because I have to have a price there. You will also note that those units are not purchasable anyway so its a moot point.

Also...

Some of the WoB hardware that was not purchasable previously may now become purchasable. This would be because these units were produced on Terra, which is no longer in WoB or ComStar hands and is instead in the hands of the largest arms dealers in the Inner Sphere. So, the units are becoming purchasable. What will not be purchasable from WoB units will be any of the Celestial Omni series units and anything produced after 3100. This is because the WoB were sure to have taken those Celestial plans with them and timelines.

If there are any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me by PM, at deputy@battletech-mercenaries.com or comment on this thread.
Deputy Director

Return to “Military Hardware Brokerage”