Land Air Mechs

Your source for guns, toys and the coolest rides in the 31st Century!
DeputyDirector

Land Air Mechs

Postby DeputyDirector » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:13 pm

Raymond MacCreary steps up to the podium and sets a small set of notes onto the podium before putting on a riot helmet and adjusting the microphone inside the helmet before bringing the faceshield down. He then places a clear plastic riot shield more than a meter tall against the side of the podium. He then drapes a small plastic tarp across the front of the podium before going back to standing behind the podium.

"Ahem..." He cleared his throat. "Due to the relentless research from several members of the military industrial machine and government agencies across the Draconis Combine, Free Worlds League, and Lyran Alliance, the MHB is happy to announce that the Land Air Mech has begun mass production and has been made available for purchase to mercenary units."

Raymond raised the riot shield and braced himself for the incoming orders, hoping that the plastic tarp will be enough to catch all of the slobber coming from the rabid MechWarriors that were sure to be salivating over this announcement.

OOC: I am looking at you with that last statement Dulio. lol I have gotten the six LAMs that I know made available for purchase. If there are others that I have missed that are not Clan or WoB, please let me know.
Raymond Freeman MacCreary
Deputy Director
Mercenary Review and Bonding Commission (MRBC)

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant.”
Croaker, The Black Company

Dulio12385
affiliations: Black Stars Mercenary Collective

Re: Land Air Mechs

Postby Dulio12385 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:05 am

I'll submit the Royal LAMs for approval.

Now I gotta find the money to build a squadron.
Major Clint "Tex" Dyson
CO Alcyone Gunslingers
Governor-General of Erdvynn
Black Stars Collective [Inactive]

"The devil loves a mad man when the monkey is in control."

Email, Facebook, Skype or YM: dulio12385@yahoo.com

DeputyDirector

Postby DeputyDirector » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:07 am

Are there LAMs on the MHB that I missed ?
Deputy Director

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant.”

Dulio12385

Postby Dulio12385 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:03 am

Yes; The Phoenix Hawk, Stinger and Wasp have Star League Royal incarnations.

Apparently the history of the LAM was mildly retconned in TRO 3085. The designs initially released on Aerotech and subsequently in the early TRO's were meant to represent the low tech budget machines fielded by the Successor States after the fall of the Star League while the SLDF Royal Regiments themselves operated technologically superior Mark I or Royal LAMs that used Double Heatsinks. They also looked markedly different, art wise, to avoid any future lawsuits with Harmony Gold.
Major Clint "Tex" Dyson
CO Alcyone Gunslingers

DeputyDirector

Postby DeputyDirector » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:10 am

Right, but the royal versions are not on the MHB right now.

Are there any LAMs *on* the MHB currently that I did not make available for purchase, excepting those of Clan or WoB?

See, I am old school and the only LAMs that I am aware of are the Stinger, Wasp, and Phoenix Hawk plus the attempted Shadow Hawk one. I am just tryin to make sure that they did not make other ones, beyond the Royals, that were produced in later years for whatever reasons... excepting ones from the Clans or WoB, which I will not be adding to the mix. Thanks. :)
Deputy Director

Dulio12385

Postby Dulio12385 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:11 am

Ah in which case, yes you've more or less covered all the available mechs on the MHB.

I didn't even know there was a Clan LAM at all.
Major Clint "Tex" Dyson
CO Alcyone Gunslingers

DeputyDirector

Postby DeputyDirector » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:14 am

They... Jade Falcons... played with them some but they abandoned the program because the tech was a pain in the ass and the skillsets for doing the LAM justice caused an issue with their genotype caste system. It was in one of the novels, I Am Jade Falcon, maybe, and I think it got a reference somewhere in some TRO/rules book, but never got a miniature.
Deputy Director

Dulio12385

Postby Dulio12385 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:55 pm

Yeah I recall the closest the Clans came to actually possessing LAMs was when the Nova Cats captured a Combine plant that produced the Succession War-era Stinger LAM and they bulldozed it since they couldn't make heads or tails of the technology. Ironic since Clan-tech lasers and Double Heat Sinks would've made LAM's really devastating headhunter units.
Major Clint "Tex" Dyson
CO Alcyone Gunslingers

DeputyDirector

Postby DeputyDirector » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:48 pm

In the novel, the LAMs they made actually worked and could become different modes but they just didn't like the tech.
Deputy Director

Dulio12385

Postby Dulio12385 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:47 am

That might be the root of the Partial Wing the Jade Falcons put on the Eyrie. The TRO implies it was based on LAM-research so it could be a nod to the novel.
Major Clint "Tex" Dyson
CO Alcyone Gunslingers

Return to “Military Hardware Brokerage”