Director Claus

Your source for guns, toys and the coolest rides in the 31st Century!
DeputyDirector

Director Claus

Postby DeputyDirector » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:01 pm

In a fit of generosity, Director Reid, hence forth to be known for the holiday season as "Director Claus", has decided to open the doors of the MHB to all registered MHB mercenary commands. Each command shall be awarded a total of 20MM C-bills worth of military hardware. This hardware can be of any type of technology (Clan, Inner Sphere, WoB, Star League, etc.) and any tonnage but may not include space craft or DropShips; Aerospace fighters are eligible for selection.

No, you may not just have the 20MM C-bills; that is not in the spirit of giving and cannot be written off of the MHB's taxes.

Each MUCO is to submit a wish list of 100MM C-bills to my office at deputy@battletech-mercenaries.com by 12/31/17. Please use the attached spreadsheet. From that list, a random number of items totaling 20MM C-bills will be selected and awarded to the unit. Those units that choose to not participate shall find their MUCO's labeled as "Scrooge MacUrbanMech" and the funds set aside for their units shall go to the Deputy Director's Retirement Fund (TM).

As always, if there are any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me by PM, via email at deputy@battletech-mercenaries.com, or by responding to this thread.

Happy Holiday of Your Choice to all ! :)
Attachments
Holiday Award Spreadsheet.xlsx
(19.09 KiB) Downloaded 673 times
Raymond Freeman MacCreary
Deputy Director
Mercenary Review and Bonding Commission (MRBC)

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant.”
Croaker, The Black Company

DeputyDirector

Re: Director Claus

Postby DeputyDirector » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:09 pm

Season's Greetings.jpg
Season's Greetings.jpg (295.75 KiB) Viewed 13047 times
Deputy Director

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant.”

MrPig
affiliations: Penelope "Dime" Trumbull

Postby MrPig » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:15 pm

Pardon me, sir, but our Dropship is awfully cramped, and we're living hand to mouth until we've destroyed the enemies of our employer. If we order too much, how will we ever move it from one place to another if we can't afford a new Dropship with which to carry it all?

Remington von Wolffe
Site Admin
affiliations: MRBC/DMM
Historian

Postby Remington von Wolffe » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:21 pm

Either you subcontract someone to transport it (IC Roleplay) or you leave it on Terra. It'll be safe there. ;)

Onishi
affiliations: Name: Valencia
Callsign: 'Chyna'
MH: Supernova SRN
Role: Honor Guard
Lance: Guard Lance
Company: Steel Assassin
Battalion: Alpha
Regiment: Black Angel
Brigade: CO Shadow Spear Brigade
RESTLESS SOULS MERCENARY DIVISION

Postby Onishi » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:43 pm

I have a question for you Dep,
Why the huge overhead? I mean you want us to submit 5x the amount of the actual award? I'm just curious. It took me a lot because all I wanted for Christmas were VTOLs.

(list submitted)
Onishi Razan
‘Rough Ryder'
Tai-sa, Commanding
Shugo of Ascella
Naginata NG-RO1
Ronin Legion
Katana
Fire Dragon
MUCO
Razan's Ronins
Draconis Combine

director
Site Admin
affiliations: Timothy Joshua Reid, Director MRBC
Lt. Gen. Timothy Maddox MUCO of Hellstorm Hussars, Count of Filtvelt
Colonel Alyssa Maddox MUXO of Hellstorm Hussars
Ellison 'Ely' Reed Storms Armored Cavalry

Postby director » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:35 am

I can answer that one.

In the past the MRBC has gifted small insignficant items (like m3077s or infantry)... This year I wanted to change it up and let each unit submit a wish list to Santa Director. It may not be clear, but what the deputy wants is five sublists that approach 20 million in cbills.

As to why? There are few mechs that are over 20 million, so it seemed a easy enough number, secondly, some units, like the Black Stars, Might desire vehicles or battle armor more than one expensive mech. I wanted to make it possible to get more than one item, if you can keep it within budget.

The staff agreed, and also agreed that it would be simpler to set 20 million as the max possible value awarded (in terms of cost to buy without discount), and then the deputy or I will roll a die, and you get one of the sublists submitted. Clean, neat painless. We thought it would be fun.
Timothy Joshua Reid
Director
Outreach
MRBC
Mercenary Review and Bonding Commission.

Onishi
affiliations: Name: Valencia
Callsign: 'Chyna'
MH: Supernova SRN
Role: Honor Guard
Lance: Guard Lance
Company: Steel Assassin
Battalion: Alpha
Regiment: Black Angel
Brigade: CO Shadow Spear Brigade
RESTLESS SOULS MERCENARY DIVISION

Postby Onishi » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:33 am

OHHH. Now I get it. Well then either the Deputy was confused or at the very least; he definitely gave confusing instructions. Because this is what he said:
DeputyDirector wrote:Each MUCO is to submit a wish list of 100MM C-bills to my office at deputy@battletech-mercenaries.com by 12/31/17. Please use the attached spreadsheet. From that list, a random number of items totaling 20MM C-bills will be selected and awarded to the unit.

And that's exactly what I did. I submitted just a single list worth a little over a hundred million c-bills. Oops :roll: My Bad! Don't get me wrong. It 'IS' A LOTTA FUN, I just misunderstood the directions, however, I do appreciate your generosity Santa Director, but I didn't get you anything :oops: . . .
Onishi Razan
‘Rough Ryder'
Tai-sa, Commanding
Shugo of Ascella
Naginata NG-RO1
Ronin Legion
Katana
Fire Dragon
MUCO
Razan's Ronins
Draconis Combine

Gunther Price
affiliations: Sergeant Gunther Price
Crusader
Fire Support
Command
1st Company
Robinson's Royal Knights (RETIRED)
FEDERATED SUNS

Postby Gunther Price » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:39 pm

Onishi wrote:I just misunderstood the directions,

Yeah, Tai-sa Razan, Me too :cry:
Gunther Price
‘Python'
MUCO
Brevetted Major
Thunderbolt TDR-12SE
'Mech Company
Sniper Lance
Sniper
Ingersolls Armored Cavalry
LYRAN ALLIANCE

Mesha
affiliations: Name: Mesha Seville
Callsign: ‘Viper'
Hardware: Jagdvogel JGV-1OAi
Wing: AeroSpace (Command)
Flight: Angel Flight
Squadron: Angel
Assignment: IAC Naval Fleet CO
Unit: Ingersolls Armored Cavalry
HOUSE: LYRAN ALLIANCE

Postby Mesha » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:07 pm

Me Three :oops:
Name: Cathryn Whitley
Callsign: ‘Bulls Eye'
Hardware: Steele Dagger Battle Armor
Company: Wolf Pack
Platoon: Brooding Lupus
Squad: Lone Wolf
Assignment: MUCO
Unit: Rabid Wolves Battalion
HOUSE: OUTWORLDS ALLIANCE

DeputyDirector

Postby DeputyDirector » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:49 am

Mr. Pig: Yes... leaving any excess equipment at your facility at the MRBC will be fine. Nothing will happen to it.

Onishi/ Gunther/ Mesha: You all did just fine with your submissions. I wanted a wish list, just like when we do with salvage. The huge amount over was just to broaden the field of what could be selected, that's all. It probably should have said "up to 100MM C-bills" instead. If you would like to submit a smaller amount, feel free. If you want to submit the same 10MM C-bill BattleMech ten times, feel free. We're just that easy to get along with... Christmas spirt and there have been issues with shipping our meds from Terra.

The only issues that I have had with the wish lists was the criteria: "may not include space craft or DropShips." That includes things like the Ares Mk IX Attack Craft and satellites (because they fall under space craft in the MHB).

Anyone that would like to submit a revised wish list is free to do so. If you would like to continue with the list you have submitted, that's fine too. Unless I am told that the wish list I receive is final, I will not process it until the deadline of 12/31/17, just to give everyone time to mull things over.

Captain Bey pointed out some issues with the formatting of the spreadsheet I posted earlier, so I have reworked it and attached it. This version should be fine for costs and numbers and all that. The last tab "Sheet Info" can be used to copy/paste in the Type in Column B, if desired. If not, I am good with that too. If there are other problems with the spreadsheet, please let me know.

Thanks. :)
Attachments
Holiday Award Spreadsheet.xlsx
(20.83 KiB) Downloaded 663 times
Deputy Director

Return to “Military Hardware Brokerage”